- Aperture: 80 mm (3.15-inch)
- Focal Ratio: f/7.5
- Dependable Apochromatic Refractor
- Excellent telescope for Observation of large targets
Sky-Watcher Evostar 80 ED APO Refractor Telescope
The Evostar 80 ED APO Refractor Telescope by Sky-Watcher:The Sky-Watcher Evostar ED80 is a modestly wide-field telescope offering bright, wide swaths of sky in a single view. It is well suited for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies from a dark-sky location, or can be used as an astrograph for sky photography. As a terrestrial spotting scope or telephoto lens, the Sky-Watcher ED80's performance is absolutely superb. Ultra high contrast allows the subtlest of details to be easily scrutinized under conditions of good seeing. The petite silhouette of the Sky Watcher Pro ED80 makes for an excellent compact, portable telescope that travels light and fits a small space. At about 50-power structural detail becomes apparent in our solar system's gas giants like Saturn and Jupiter. The Moon also exhibits striking crater detail along the lunar terminator.
The Skywatcher Evostar ED80 benefits from the inclusion of Schott glass being used for the positive front Crown element in the objective. Schott is the recognized world leader in glass utilized for precision optical lens systems, including medical instrumentation, and famous-brand camera lenses. While Schott glass is only used in selected models, all other models utilize top-quality, Grade-A glass from perhaps less famous but, nonetheless, highly respected, high-quality glass manufacturers. Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5-percent. The proprietary Sky-Watcher Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
The objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane. Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision 2-inch Crayford rack and pinion focuser-assembly. This focuser offers fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments. The optical tube material is rolled steel, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white, or black.
The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any Sky-Watcher mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with Evistar ED80 are cast-aluminum, painted white. The Sky Watcher Evostar ED80 is supplied with backlash-free 2-inch Crayford focusers and quality foam-lined metal carrying cases as standard equipment. Black Diamond ED80 is also supplied with 8x50 mm viewfinder with bracket; 2" dielectric diagonal; two 1.25-inch LE (Long Eye Relief) eyepieces (LE20 mm and LE5 mm); 1.25-inch focuser adapter; and tube ring attachment hardware for mounting to any Sky-Watcher, or other compatible mounts.
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond ED80 Refractor OTA Features
- The proprietary Sky-Watcher Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
- The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
- The optical tube material is rolled steel, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent.
- The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any Sky-Watcher mount.
OPT Product number: SW-S11100
- Sky-Watcher Evostar ED80 Refractor OTA
- Foam-lined Metal Carrying Case
- 8x50 mm Viewfinder with Bracket
- 2-inch Dielectric Diagonal
- Two 1.25-inch LE (Long Eye Relief) eyepieces (LE20 mm and LE5 mm)
- 1.25-inch Focuser Adapter
- Tube Ring Attachment Hardware
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.