Stellarvue SVQ100 Astrograph f/5.8 Quadruplet Refracting Telescope
The 100 mm f/5.8 Quad Astrograph with custom Stellarvue 3-inch dual speed, rack and pinion focuser with 1.5-inches of travel.
Includes C18 soft case, integrated rotator, extension tubes, 48 mm and 42 mm adapters.
The SVQ is a unique, four-element telescope designed for full-frame imaging. It is made on a very short optical tube assembly, well within airline carry-on size limits so you can safely take it anywhere you go. Field is absolutely flat and color correction is virtually "reflector-like" thanks to an advanced optical system using either Ohara FPL53 or Hoya FCD100 optical glass.
Stellarvue wanted our quad to be extremely stable to maintain alignment and easily hold the heaviest astro-cameras. For this reason, we employ our oversized 3-inch dual speed, rack and pinion focuser with high lifting capacity. The telescope comes with threaded camera adapters for both the 42 mm and 48 mm over-sized t-rings. We also have a number of larger, optional adapters available for direct, wide aperture attachment to your full frame camera.
The SVQ is optimized for imaging. Learn more about in the Amateur Astronomy Magazine review.
Using a visual adapter the instrument can be used with a diagonal and eyepiece. While the overall visual correction of an astrograph is not the same as a high Strehl APO triplet, the SVQ will work as a flat field "richest field telescope" with excellent color correction.
100 mm f-5.8 Quad includes a Stellarvue 3-inch focuser, dual hinged mounting rings, and numerous threaded extensions for imaging with various cameras. The SVQ100 now comes with 69 mm extensions and adapters to 42 mm and 48 mm T-rings. So you can directly thread your T-ring equipped camera directly to the focuser. These telescopes are assembled and aligned here at Stellarvue one at a time. They are in continuous production and are shipped on a first come, first served basis. The sooner you order, the sooner you will receive yours. The SVQ100 is shipped in a foam lined hard case.
The included photographic adapters will accommodate a wide range of backfocus that range from 150 mm to as little as 46 mm (for telescopes that use a standard T thread) and 54 mm for telescopes that use an M48 thread. The modular nature of this equipment enables the user to purchase additional M48 extension tubes if you have a shorter backfocus on your camera.
Adapters with other common thread sizes are available depending on individual requirements. For example, there are 2.156-24, 3-24 and 54 mm adapters as stock that mate with the included M69 extension tubes. For more specific information on your particular camera, call us and we can let you know exactly what combination will work best with your particular camera. Remember, this is not a backfocus issue that requires precise spacing, the SVQ100 does not need a field flattener. Rather, this is a range in which your camera will focus. Adding or subtracting extension tubes will change where the image comes to focus. It is best to try and hit focus around the center of the focuser's drawtube travel range.
- OBJECTIVE LENS: 100 mm clear aperture, 580 mm focal length (f-5.80), air spaced four element apochromat using an Ohara FPL53 second element. Optimized for full frame imaging.
- TUBE: Lightweight, fully baffled,aluminum tube and dewshield. Painted ultra flat black inside. 4.5” diameter main tube.
- DEW SHIELD: 5 1/2" diameter retracting aluminum dewshield.
- DIMENSIONS: OTA: 19.1/4” long with dewshield retracted and 23 3/4” long with dewshield extended (focuser racked in).
- WEIGHT: OTA: Only 10.8 pounds. Rings add 12 ounces each.
- FOCUSER: 3” Stellarvue focuser with about 2" of travel, threaded for direct connection of camera using various adapters. Focuser comes with 2 threaded extension tubes with M69X1 thread, 48 mm and 42 mm T ring adapters.
- RINGS: Aluminum hinged rings with the standard 1/4-20 thread Stellarvue hole pattern top and bottom. Holes are spaced 1.5” and 60 mm apart respectively, with one in the center.
- CASE: Includes foam lined hard case.
- MOUNTING RAIL: Optional. We recommend the riser block and rail needed for your mount.
- DIAGONAL: Optional. Please note, you can purchase our 2" diagonal upgrade for only $139 above. The upgrade diagonal is the same as the D1029ED deluxe diagonal but it does not come with a 1.25" adapter since one is included with the optional Visual Adapter.
- FIELD OF VIEW: Full Frame Camera (Canon 5D, Sbig 11K, etc): 3.56 degrees by 2.37 degrees. APS sized chip: (Apogee 8300, QSI 583 & 683): 1.92” X 1.34 degrees.
- RESOLUTION: Full Frame chip - 2.28”/Pixel. APS Chip - 1.92”/Pixel
- BACKFOCUS: 153 mm focuser racked all the way in. Focuser’s drawtube attachment thread is a female M78 X 1 thread.
- INCLUDED PHOTOGRAPHIC ADAPTERS: M78 - M69 Adapter; Two 33 mm extension tubes (M69X1 threads); One M69 to M48 adapter; One 30 mm extension tube (M48X.75 thread); One M48 to M42 adapter
- FIELD FLATTENER: Not required. Telescope has been tested with small medium and full frame cameras and provides a wide, unvignetted, flat field.
- LIGHT GAIN: 204x (human eye = 1)
Image Note: The Riser Block and Rail are shown for use purposes only. They are available for purchase under SKU #SV-RB002L.)
|Aperture||100 mm (4")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||Male 3" Feather Touch Draw Tube Thread (M75"x1)|
|Dawes Limit||1.16 arcseconds|
|Dew Shield Size||Adds 110.49 length x diameter 139.7mm|
|Focal Length||580 mm|
|Glass Type||Ohara FPL53 or Hoya FCD100|
|Light Gathering Power||204x|
|Tube Length||492.76 retracted and 603.25mm|
|Tube Weight||10.8 lbs|