Stellarvue SV70T f/6 Triplet Refracting Telescope
The 70 mm APO-TRI/2.5-inch R/P Focuser by Stellarvue: This fine piece of equipment (the Stellarvue 70 mm f/6 APO Triplet) features the latest version of the Stellarvue 2.5-inch dual speed rack and pinion focuser, this telescope set is a wonderful piece of craftsmanship for those planning to survey the night sky. It was designed using the sharpest and highest contrast 70 mm lens that Stellarvue has to offer to be used in conjunction with the high-quality focuser. This is no mass produced scope crafted with inferior glass nor sloppy mechanics- but a premier 70 mm Apochromatic telescope from Stellarvue, designed and crafted to exacting standards.
The 70 mm F-6 lens has a full focal length of 420 mm and is fully multi-coated. It is a three element objective lens utilizing an Ohara FPL-53 center element- and lens focuses light precisely and in addition, the extreme broadband coatings on each surface to enhance performance even further. The visual result is a stunning display of vivid bright stars on a velvet black background of the night sky- the contrast is beautiful and dichotomous. These coatings transmit more than 99-percent into the visual spectrum and far above and below that- completely eliminating reflections seen on CCD images. Combined with the relatively fast speed and high Strehl optics, this all comes together to make the 70 mm APO Stellarvue's widest field imaging telescope with an absolutely stunning visual performance.
The SV70T has an aluminum tube and dew shield finished in fine Instrument White, with Black Anodized aluminum fittings. The dew shield is designed to retract when being stored- allowing you to reduce its length notably to make it easier to fit away- meanwhile, extending that same dew shield minimizes overnight dewing of the objective, and provides a glare-shade during the daytime.
Stellarvue's long labored over 2.5-inch visual and photographic focuser was many years in the making. This latest design within that line is smooth and stable; a dual speed, 2.5-inch focuser providing an ultra smooth fine focus control at an 11:1 ratio, to ensure you will attain perfect focus every time with a minimum of work. Ideal for both visual and imaging use due to its design, this focuser provides a full 2.875-inch of travel. An internal brake system design allows the user to adjust capacity as needed. Altogether this can be seen as one of the finest dual focusers and 70 mm Apochromatic refractors available today!
Stellarvue 70 mm APO-TRI/ 2.5-inch R/P Focuser
- Objective: 70 mm clear aperture, 420 mm focal length (F-6), apochromatic triplet with an Ohara FPL-53 center element.
- Tube Assembly: Machined aluminum tube painted Instrument white outside, ultra flat black inside.
- Dimensions: The main tube is 82 mm in diameter. The complete telescope is about 14.75-inch long with dew shield extended and about 12-inch long when retracted. Dew shield is 3.5-inch in diameter.
- Weight: The optical tube assembly weighs 4.4-pounds, and 5.6-pounds with the dual rings and Vixen rail.
- Focuser: 2.5-inch dual speed Stellarvue rack and pinion focuser with 2-inch and 1.25-inch compression ring adapters. Precision rack-and-pinion focusers have better stability and a higher lifting capacity than 2-inch import Crayford focusers.
- Rings: Custom Stellarvue R70SET precision hinged rings. Each ring has three 1/4-20 holes top and bottom with one in the center and two spaced 1.5-inch apart.
|Aperture||70 mm (2.75")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||1.66 arcseconds|
|Dew Shield Size||89mm|
|Focal Length||420 mm|
|Light Gathering Power||100x|
|Tube Weight||5.6 lbs|