Starlight Xpress Trius SX-36 Progessive Scan CCD Camera
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-36 Details
A big camera in a tiny body the Trius SX-35 and 36 offer the largest sensors in the Trius lineup. A Truesense (Kodak) KAI16070M imaging sensor is housed in a 4 inch round, 4 inch long body. Sporting 7.4 micron square pixels, set in a huge 36.3 x 24.2mm array, this ultra-sensitive sensor is capable of capturing large deep sky objects in a beautiful high resolution. Low dark signal eliminates the need for dark frames when capturing brighter deep sky objects. Anti-blooming technology enhances sharpness and minimizes post processing times.
Focusing on smart design, Starlight Xpress has packed a USB hub into this small camera offering three separate USB connections to power your various accessories like color filter wheels and guiders. By connecting directly to your camera, you'll need only one computer to control everything! A single USB control cable eliminates yards of cables that would otherwise be a tangle. USB 2.0 connections offer super fast, 10 second download times. The Trius SX is a model of power conservation too, sipping less than 1 amp at 12v DC - 18VA at 110v or 240v AC. 72 x 1mm input thread make this camera directly compatible to the Takahashi FSQ106 and easily adapted to a wide array of telescopes.
- CCD type: Truesense KAI16070M interline CCD with low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 7.4uM x 7.4uM, Image format: 4904 x 3280 pixels
- CCD Image area: 36.3mm (Horizontal) x 24.2mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 2 available at this time.
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~52%), 30% at 375nM and 660nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 12 electrons RMS - typically only 9 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 40,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 hours. Less than 0.05 electrons/second @ -20C chip temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.4 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 10 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 750mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated constant current cooling supply with three stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -37C below ambient.
- Size: 118 x 102mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 72 x 1mm thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 1100g.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
What binning does this camera provide?
The binded modes for this camera are 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4.