Starlight Xpress Trius 56
The Trius SX-56 is a 16.7-megapixel full-frame architecture CCD camera. At the heart of the camera is the KAF-16803 sensor, which has an array of 36.8 x 36.8 mm, 9uM square pixels. Full frame architecture sensors require a mechanical shutter and so Starlight Xpress developed a custom "roller blind" assembly that uses mini stepper motors to provide an extremely uniform shutter action.
The SX-56 incorporates many special features that improve on some other KAF-16803 based products:
- A multi-coated synthetic sapphire input window. The extremely high thermal conductivity of sapphire (about 25x better than glass) eliminates the need for a window heater, by conducting waste heat from the camera body to the entire window surface. Dewing of the window is extremely unlikely to occur, even with maximum CCD cooling.
- A stepper driven roller blind shutter with an extremely uniform illumination of the sensor, even at 0.1 seconds exposure time. The shutter is designed for robust long-term use but is also very easy to service or replace, if necessary.
- A compact, dry argon filled CCD chamber, with O ring sealing. No desiccant to regularly replace. The window is easy to clean with an air duster or soft cloth.
- Built-in LED flood illuminator for RBI elimination (trapped electrons from previous images).
- Fast image download time - approximately 6.5 seconds for a full 16.7-megapixel image.
- A three-stage Peltiethree-stage give better than -45C below ambient, with a temperature controller to keep power consumption to less than 2 amps at 12v DC.
- Standard 'Trius' 3 port USB 2 hub built-in.
- A compact overall size of 136 mm square and 70 mm deep (+ handles). Only 1.7 Kg total weight.
|Camera Connection||Female M72x1|
|Delta T||40°C Below Ambient|
|Dynamic Range||13.5 Stops|
|Mega Pixels||16.8 mp|
|Pixel Array||4096 x 4096|
|Pixel Size||9 microns|
|Power Consumption||12V 2A|