Nebulosity 4 Image Capture and Processing Software by Stark Labs:
Dr. Craig Stark creates software for the amateur that focuses on simple interfaces that create an easy to use experience taking the frustration out of what is often a grueling and unpleasant part of the imaging hobby. Stark Labs lSO appreciates that while a program should be simple, it cannot lack the functions necessary to capturing and creating jaw dropping, beautiful astroimages. Power and simplicity make a happy marriage. As imaging equipment and computers have become increasingly more obtainable, easy to use, and capable of capturing incredibly detailed DSO images, the capture and processing software available has failed to match - until now. Rather than leave beginning imagers in the dark when it comes to post processing, Dr. Stark has created Nebulosity to bring the joy back to imaging. It's clean, clear interface is favored by advanced imagers too who find they save time and frustration.
Developers at Stark Labs recognized a consistent issue with many image capture and processing software programs - they tried to accomplish too much. Even in successful software programs, this massive array of functions is overwhelming to the novice imager and sends prices soaring! Avoiding function overload, Nebulosity 4 has been pared down to be everything you need and nothing you don't. A clean and simple interface sets Nebulosity apart from the crowd while still providing precision camera control and full image processing capabilities.
Nebulosity by Stark Labs is a universally compatible (Windows XP/7/8 32/64 bit and Mac OS X 10.6-9) image processing and capture software developed by Stark Labs. Compatible with a large variety of CCD and DSLR cameras and able to process images in a nearly any format. Created with the goal to be the perfect imaging software whether you're a beginner or an advanced imager in search of an easy to use, simple capture and processing experience. Each tool within Nebulosity was developed purely for the astrophotographer in mind.
- Atik Legacy (16, etc.) and current (beta-level support for all Atik cams)
- Canon DIGIC II* / III / 4 / 5 EOS DSLRs (1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark II, 1Ds Mark III and 1Ds Mark II, 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 6D, 7D, 20D/Da, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D/Da, 70D, 100D/SL1/Kiss X7, 350D/Digital Rebel XT*, 400D/Digital Rebel XTi*, 450D/Rebel XSi/Kiss X2, 500D/T1i/Kiss X3, 550D/T2i/Kiss X4, 600D/T3i/Kiss X5, 650D/T4i/Kiss X6i, 700D/T5i/KissX7i,1000D/Rebel XS/Kiss F, 1100D/T3/Kiss X50).
- Fishcamp Starfish
- Meade DSI, DSI Pro, DSI II, DSI II Pro, DSI III and DSI III Pro.
- QHY 8, 8L, 8Pro, 9, 10, 12
- QSI 500 / 600 series
- Starlight Xpress USB2 models (SXV / SXVF / SXV-R / Lodestar / etc. including those converted to USB 2 via the SX adapter)
In addition, on Windows, the following cameras are supported:
- ASCOM-5/6 compliant cameras
- Apogee cameras
- Atik 3xx, 4xx, 4000, 11000, 16, 16IC, and 16HR / Artemis cameras (both older 16-series and all newer cameras via their universal driver)
- CCD Labs Q8-HR / Q453, Q285M / QHY2 Pro
- FLI cameras
- Moriavian G2/G3 (v3 or higher firmware)
Orion StarShoot Deep-Space Color Imager (original)**
- OpticStar DS-335 series, DS-336C, DS-615, DS616, DS-142, DS-145, and PL-130
- SAC7 / SC1 long-exposure modified webcams / Atik 1 and Atik 2 cameras.
* Earlier DIGIC I Canon cameras (e.g. the 300D) are not supported. Also, for the DIGIC II cameras and even some DIGIC III cameras, Canon has declared them "unsupported" by their Software Development Kit. Most do continue to work, but it is not clear if this will change in the future and this does interact with the OS you're using (e.g., many DIGIC II's are not supported or capture on Windows 7/8 others have issues in OS X 10.8.5 and higher).
** The Orion StarShoot II, Pro, and other current "deep space" ones are not supported directly but are supported via their ASCOM drivers. Their "Solar system" cameras can work (as they are similar to webcams), but keep in mind Nebulosity is designed for deep-space photography.
OPT Product Number: STK-NEBULOSITY