Solarscope SV-60 Solarview 60mm 0.7A H-Alpha Telescope
Solarscope - SV-60 Solarview 60mm 0.7A H-Alpha Telescope
Safe for visual use, The Solarview 60 is a fully integrated dedicated solar telescope. The Fabry-Perot etalon 0.7 angstrom ultra narrow bandwidth transmission, together with completely unobstructed 60 mm apertures ensure high resolution surface detail, contrast and stunning H-alpha views of the entire solar disc and limb prominences.
Safety is paramount, positioned at the front of the Solarscope solar filter is the energy rejection filter (ERF). The ERF is used with other optical blocking elements to suppress ultra violet and infra red wavelengths and also control the brightness of the final image. The combined blocking effect of these elements in the UV and IR are shown below in the Perkin Elmer Lambda 900 spectrophotometer transmission plot. The transmission peak at 600 - 700nm is within the visible spectrum and contains the H-alpha spectral line.
Final suppression of unwanted light and transmission of a single narrow H-alpha spectral line is achieved by the addition of the etalon and secondary filter combination. This is an ultra narrow line width 0.7 angstrom bandpass filter, consisting of a precisely tuned, air spaced Fabry-Perot etalon, used in series with a secondary multi-cavity interference blocking filter, The secondary filter blocks all transmission peaks of the Fabry-Perot etalon, except for a single ultra narrow spectral line centered at 656.28nm, H-alpha wavelength. Transmission characteristics of the etalon and secondary blocking filter are too narrow to be resolved and shown meaningfully.
Solarscope - SV-60 Solarview 60mm 0.7A H-Alpha Telescope Features...
- Compact and portable, the SV-60 is supplied in a carrying case with recessed component slots and generous padding for protection
- Very easy to set up and use, ideal for educational purposes. Suitable for visual, photographic and CCD imaging purposes
- Etalon internal fine-tune tilt adjustment provided to optimise contrast and image resolution or to view Doppler-shifted features
- High quality optics and instrument components.
- Traditional Laser optic fabrication, Fabry-Perot etalon polishing and optical surface figuring skills.
Image shows both the 50mm (foreground) and 60mm (background) Solarview telescope. Eyepieces and diagonals are sold separately.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.