- Aperture: 80 mm (3.15")
- Focal Ratio: f/7.5
- Focal Length: 600 mm
- Apochromatic Telescope on the All-View Alt-Azimuth Mount
SkyWatcher Evostar 80mm Doublet APO Refractor with AllView Alt-Az Mount
A perfect marriage of performance and portability, the Sky-Watcher Evostar 80ED apochromatic refractor exhibits perfect diffraction patterns producing the sharpest, best quality imaging you'll obtain from any telescope. A prize for any observing astronomer, this ED-APO offers modestly wide field views which are bright, sharp and without aberration. The 80 mm also doubles as a precision imaging lens. Very well suited for wide-field astrophotography of bright nebulae, star clusters and even galaxies given the right conditions. Use it as an extreme high-quality telephoto lens for terrestrial observing and photography. High contrast views allow for the finest details to be observed and captured.
When compared to telescopes of similar aperture but alternate optical designs, refractors will always yeild sharper images because the refracting lenses concentrate light into the central airy-disk and first diffraction rings. Naturally, there is no diffraction pattern interference typically caused by diagonal or secondary mirrors as is the case with reflector telescopes. Improving on this natural advantage, the SkyWatcher Pro ED delivers velvety black skies and true color that's rich in contrast by using a 2 element achromatic lens design and extra-low dispersion FPL53 optical glass as well as Schott glass for the positive crown element. To further ensure optimal light through-put, each air-to-glass lens surface has been finished with SkyWatcher's proprietary MHC (Metallic High Transmission Coating) which minimizes reflection. Also helping direct light and minimize reflection is the flat black interior finish of the optical tube.
The SkyWatcher Evostar 80 mm comes standard with a precision 2" Crayford style focuser. Super smooth operation with no backlash, the focuser offers both fine and ultra-fine focus adjustments. The focuser includes a 1.25" eyepiece adapter as well. To mount your telescope, the 80 ED includes a quick release tube ring set and will come ready to mount on the AllView Alt-Az Mount. An 8x50 optical finder scope with bracket, 2" dielectric coated diagonal, and 5 mm and 20 mm LE eyepiece will have you ready to start observing the moment you receive your new telescope. To keep your scope safe, your SkyWatcher 80 mm will come with a foam lined metal case.
AllView Alt-Azimuth Mount
Compact, versatile and smart! The AllView mount is the perfect companion to the SkyWatcher 80 mm ProED. Full automated GoTo capabilities give you the ability to capture time lapse, panoramic and astro images. Smooth range of motion let's you take full 360 degree panoramic shots or motion time lapse. Pair it with a video camera and use as a motorized panning head. Complete with an easy to use hand controller with a 42,000 object database.
- Electronic shutter release for Canon Rebel DSLR cameras allows you to take precision shots - hands off of the camera.
- Move the mount by hand or using the hand controller without losing alignment thanks to dual encoder technology.
- 3/8’ tripod mount perfect for using your favorite photography tripod.
- Your choice of power sources. You can use 10 AA batteries in the field to lessen your load.
- Motor head quickly and easily detaches from the tripod for easy of setup/ breakdown and storage.
- Easy to use hand controller features an intuitive user-interface.
- Brackets included for use with standard 1/4-20 cameras and video cameras.
|Aperture||80 mm (3.25")|
|Focal Length||600 mm|
|Focusing Speeds||Two Speed|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12|
|Mount Type||Alt Azimuth / GoTo|
- 80 mm Evostar APO Refractor OTA with 2" Precision Focuser
- Mounting Rings
- Mounting Bracket
- 8x50 Optical Finder
- Finder Bracket
- 5 mm LE Eyepiece
- 20 mm LE Eyepiece
- 2" Diagonal with 1.25" Eyepiece Adapter
- Hard Case with Foam
- AllView Alt-Az Mount
- Hand Controller
- Canon Rebel DSLR Shutter Release Cable