Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro Equatorial Go-To Mount
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro Equatorial Go-To Mount
The Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Equatorial GoTo Mount has a 44 lb weight capacity and excels as an excellent astrophotography mount for beginner to intermediate astronomers.
SKY-WATCHER EQ6-R PRO EQUATORIAL GOTO MOUNT Convenient Features
- Its built-in ST-4 Autoguider port gives you the freedom to use most of today’s best autoguiders!
- The belt drive system and stepper motors provide accuracy and silent slewing to find and track celestial objects.
- SynScan hand controller offers up a 42,900 object database, special tours of the night sky, permanent periodic error correction, backlash compensation, the ability to set slewing limits, and polar alignment assist via the built-in illuminated polar scope!
- Accessories are included with the EQ Pro mount: A retractable counterweight bar, allowing for easier transportation, as well as two 11-lb counterweights, to help balance any payload.
- The EQ Pro features a saddle compatible with both D and V style mounting plates, giving you the ability to use multiple optical tubes!
- Travel easy with your mount with its built-in carry handle.
Highlighted Features of the Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro:
- GoTo System: SynScan.
- Object Database: 42,900+.
- Polar Align Assist: Yes.
- Auto Guide: Yes.
- Permanent Periodic Correction: Yes.
- DSLR Interface: Yes, includes Canon EOS Trigger Cable.
- Motor Type: Stepper.
- Drive System: Belt.
- Polar Scope: Built-in.
- Clutch: Locking Lever.
- Mounting Saddle Plate: Dual, Vixen and Losmandy Style.
- Power: 12V, thread-on cable included.
- Counterweight Shaft: Retractable.
- Counterweights Included: 2 weights, 11-pounds each.
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 2-inch.
- Mount Weight: 38-pounds.
- Tripod Weight: 16.5-pounds.
|Instrument Capacity||44 lb|
|Latitude Range||65 Degrees|
|Mount Head Weight||38lb|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Tracking Accuracy||1 Arcseconds|
- Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro Equatorial Mount.
- Tripod with Spreader.
- (2) 11-pounds. Counterweights.
- Retractable Counterweight Bar.
- Canon EOS Trigger Cable.
- Thread-on Power Cable.
- SynScan Hand Controller.
By the time I got around to buying this mount I had done all the necessary research. No support required. OPT had one left in stock, so I picket it up. I live on the west coast so shipping was straight forward and quick. The item arrived in perfect working order. The EQ6-R performs as advertised. No surprises. I am very happy with the mount and the no hassle purchase process.
For the price the mount is very nice, handles a 10" SCT +50MM Guide scope + 4" Wide field scope and imaging equipment/guide equipment without much of a struggle as long as you have the balance correct, Only issue was some "Slop" in the worms out of the box which had to be adjusted out after that it guides nicely. Would give 5 stars if a tune-up out of the box was not needed.
The mount preforms excellently using the ASIAIR polar alignment is a breeze as is the pointing and tracking. Using the hand controller not so much, the alignment stars are named, which can lead to confusion in light polluted skies or in smaller finders. Have a good star chart handy. Unfortunately mine arrived with both knobs to tighten the counterweights split so a pair of pliers were needed for setup. I’m still waiting on an email from OPT’s consumer service about replacements since 3/26/20. Otherwise it would be a 5 star review.
Estoy muy feliz con la compra de Sky-watcher eq6-pro Y muy satisfecho con el servicio recibido del personal de opt Muchas gracias
Any review should be done considering price vs. quality. For the price paid, this mount is outstanding! After a brief hiatus from astronomy, I settled on this EQ6R Pro. Too many good things to mention. For small telescopes or people who will never venture into astro-photography, it is probably overkill. To get the most out of this mount, the user should read the manual a few times; it is written well. I've done some 3 min (non auto guided) exposures with a 200mm Nikkor lens. The results blew me away. If one does a good polar alignment and balances the load; it tracks beautifully. I detected no star trailing in 3 mins. I've not used the PEC feature yet. The GoTo accuracy is spot on. Even using a one star alignment, the GoTo is quite acceptable. GoTo accuracy was good after 3 hrs w/o a need to re-calibrate. It is important for newcomers to understand polar alignment and load balance if using this mount for astro-photography. The manual does a good job explaining polar alignment and goes further if one wishes to refine the alignment accuracy. It is a heavy mount at 38 lbs; add the tripod weight, counter weights and scope; I am pushing close to 100lbs total. Not exactly a "grab and go" mount, but then again, the weight makes for a very stable platform. Setup time after I practiced a few times was under 30 mins. Level the tripod, get a great polar alignment, balance everything on the mount and you have a serious mount one will not outgrow anytime soon.
It's been a welcome relief to have a dependable mount that can do long exposures. Perfect tracking and no more headaches.