This UVEX is a cross Czerny-Turner spectrograph optimized for wavelengths from near UV (<400nm) to near IR (1µm).
It’s particularly designed to be used on Ritchey-Chretien type telescopes with diameters up to 12 or 14 inches (at F/8). It’s recommended to use an ZWO ASI 183MM pro camera with the UVEX spectrograph.
The settings are precise and easily accessible:
- A multi-turn knob adjusts the focus of the M2 internal mirror precisely.
- An index is used to adjust the wavelength center of the spectrum on the camera sensor. A vernier (available for each type of grating) makes it possible to precisely position the grating at the desired wavelength.
The UVEX is delivered with a 600 gr/mm grating blazed at 500nm as well as an adapter ring for ZWO cameras (others rings for QHY and ATIK cameras are also available in option).
The spectrograph slit has 5 positions that can be easily changed using a Phillips screwdriver (supplied with the UVEX). The slit positions are 25 µm, 50 µm, 100µm, 300 µm and a hole of 25µm. Other slits are available as an option and Alpy slits are compatible with UVEX.
- Cross Czerny-Turner spectrograph optical design
- Spectral range: 350 nm to 1µm
- Spectral resolution with a 600 gr/mm grating R=1700 @ 650nm
- Multi position slit: 25µm, 50µm, 100µm, 300µm and a hole of 25µm
- Optimal telescope F/d ratio: f/8
- Compatible with ZWO, QHY et ATIK camera with a back focus <14mm
- Dimensions: 145 x 140 mm Height = 120mm
- Weight: 1.64 lbs (without camera)
- UVEX weight & carrying case: 7.05 lbs