Shelyak Occultation Kit - CCIR Format
Shelyak Occultation Kit
with Watec 910HX-RC, Video Time Inserter & Accessories
Capture and record, not only the image, but the exact time, when you put the Shelyak Occultation Kit to work on documenting occultations and other events where recording the time is of utmost importance. Here is a list of contents for the Shelyak Occultation Kit:
- Record astronomical events with the Watec 910HX/RC CCIR video camera
- Record the time, provided by an internal GPS system, with the IOTA VTI Video Time Inserter
- Mount the Watec to your telescope with the included C-mount to 1.25’????????? adapter
- Power the camera and the VTI with two 12V 3A power supplies
- Connect the camera to your PC’?????????s USB2 port with the USB2 Video Grabber
- You will also receive a 5m BNC video cable, BNC/RCA adapters, and an aluminum carry case.
About the Watec 910HX-RC CCIR Video Camera
Watec added a remote control unit to their WAT-910HX super low sensitivity monochrome camera, making it even easier (and more fun!) to guide, calculate astronomical event timing & occultations, or when you want to build an electronic finder. The remote control allows you to access the entire on screen display (OSD) by using the mini control paddle.
The Watec 910HX-RC camera is designed to make adjustments based on your lighting conditions via frame loss compensation, and uses integrated frame technology to achieve a low sensitivity of 0.000005LUX. Pre-calibration can be accomplished by the user to ensure the highest quality results.
Watec 910HX/RC CCIR Camera Specifications
- Pick Up Element: 1/2’????????? interline transfer CCD image sensor
- Total Pixels: 795 x 596
- Effective Pixels: 752 x 582
- Pixel Size: 8.6um x 8.3um
- Sync System: Internal
- Scanning System: 2:1 interlace
- Video Output: Composite Video, 1.0 V(p-p), 75?? (Unbalanced)
- Resolution (H): More than 570TVL (Center)
- Minimum Illumination: 0.000005lx. F1.4 (Shutter: x256, AGC: HIGH, ??: 0.35)
- S/N: More than 52dB (AGC=6dB, ??=1.0)
- Function Settings: OSD operated by remote control
- Electronic Iris: 1/50-1/100000 sec., x256(field) *selectable -1/100000 sec.
- Electronic Shutter: 1/50, 1/120 sec., 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000, 1/5000, 1/10000, 1/100000 sec.
- AGC ON: LO: 6~30dB / MID: 6~34.5dB / HI: 6~41dB
- AGC OFF: 6-41dB (1dB step) *selectable
- Gamma Characteristics: ??’?????????0.05-1.00 (0.05 step), USER *selectable
- Noise Reduction: 3DNR ON *selectable / OFF
- Wide Dynamic Range: USER1/USER2/OFF
- Motion Detection: Max. 4 areas selectable (Out-put terminal available)
- Lens-Iris: Video / DC (EIAJ arrangement, Auto-select)
- Back Light Compensation: OFF/BLC/HSBLC
- White Blemish Correction: Up to 64 dots correctable by OSD operation
- Power Consumption: 1.38W (115mA)
- Power Supply: Not Included, requires DC+12V+/-10%
- Operating Temperature: -10 - +50???C
- Operating Humidity: Less than 95% RH without condensation
- Storage Temperature: -30 - +70???C
- Storage Humidity: Less than 95% RH without condensation
- Lens Mount: CS-Mount (Back Focus Adjustable)
- Size: 1.4’?????????(W) ?? 1.4’?????????(H) ?? 2.5’?????????(D)
- Weight: Approximately 2.93 ounces (83g)
About the IOTA Video Time Inserter (CCIR)
The Video Time Inserter was developed for members of the International Occultation Timing Association. It works well for any video timing application, but since it was built specifically for the IOTA, the features of the VTI are especially suited for those who wish to video record occultations. Please note that this model of the VTI is compatible with European video format (CCIR/PAL, at 25 frames per second) cameras, such as the Watec 910HX-RC included in this occultation kit.
It is fast and easy to set up the VTI. All you need are three cables, which are included in the kit. The Video Time Inserter is very accurate, since it gets its information via GPS. It may take a few minutes to acquire a GPS signal at first, but it should take less time in subsequent sessions. There are three indicator lights on the unit that display its status. If you want to attach the VTI unit to a tripod, there is a 1/4-20 threaded hole in the base.
About the USB2 Video Grabber
- USB 2.0 (480Mbit/s)
- Non compatible with USB 1.1
- Video up to 25 images per second in 720 x 576 pixel (PAL), 30 images per second in 720 x 480 pixels (NTSC)
- Audio via USB (Windows XP/Vista) or sound card (Windows 2000)
- Video In: composite video (Cinch/RCA ) or S-Video (S-VHS)
- Audio In: stereo (Cinch/RCA)
- Support NTSC and PAL
- Consumption: 5V, 300mA (max.) via port USB
- Length: 26cm
PC Minimum Requirements
- Computer with interface USB 2.0 (NOT USB 1.1)
- Processor Pentium P3 800MHz
- 256MB RAM
- Hard drive with 4GB capacity
- Windows XP (SP1) or Windows 2000 (SP3)
- Sound card
Other Accessories Included with the Occultation Kit
The Occultation Kit comes with two 12V, 3A power supplies; one for your Watec camera and one for the Video Time Inserter. The connector is 2.5*5.5mm. These power supplies also work with many of the Shelyak spectrographs, just check the specs to make sure before plugging it in.
The Occultation Kit also comes with a C Mount to 1.25" (31.75 mm) Adapter. With this adapter you can attach the Watec camera, or any camera with a C-mount, to the 1.25" eyepiece holder of your telescope. It also works great to attach the camera to the Lhires III spectrograph guiding port.
Finally, you will receive a 5m BNC video cable, a BNC/RCA adapter, and an aluminum case to carry everything in.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.