SBIG STXL-16200 CCD CameraThe latest and greatest iteration of SBIG's Flagship STX series of CCD Cameras, the STXL-16200 is a truly splendid example of what a CCD camera should be. Taking everything that was great about the STX, SBIG has made several key alterations to take things to the next level. First, the self-guiding CCD is moved from the main camera body to the STXL filter wheel for guiding in front of filters; second, a rotating disk even-illumination shutter provides a shorter backfocus distance allowing the use of camera lenses; and third, the STXL works with the STT/STX Remote Guide Head.
The STXL-16200 is a standard grade full frame CCD camera of the highest quality, boasting a laundry list of highly useful features for your benefit. Truly, a splendid investment for any dedicated imager.
Specifications and Features
- USB 2.0 and Ethernet
- Web browser control ready
- Two-Stage TE Cooling
- Cooling Delta of -60C with air only
- Full frame image buffer
- Continue guiding while downloading
- Internal and External Self-Guiding
- Separate focus adjustment for built-in guider
- Photometric shutter for large arrays
- Variable speed fan
- User Rechargeable Desiccant Plug
- Correlated Double Sampling
- Peak QE of 56%
- 12VDC operation at 6 Amps max
- Even Illumination Mechanical Shutter
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Does the advertized price include the filter wheel & integrated off-axis guider assembly? (I know the filters & autoguider would be separate purchases)
The price doesn't include the filter wheel. It does include the off-axis guider. You can buy a self guided filter wheel that has the guide camera built in. Please call for questions.