***This Item is no longer available from the manufacturer, please check out these other SBIG Products***
SBIG STT-8300 Monochrome CCD Camera - Discontinued
The SBIG STT-8300 CCD Camera
The new STT series cameras are SBIG's latest mid-sized cameras with unparalleled features and specifications, including:
- Ethernet and USB 2.0 Interface
- Built-in Web Server
- Low Noise 10MHz Readout (<1 sec downloads)
- High Precision 8-Position Filter Wheel
- Self-Guiding CCD in Front of Filters
- Even-Illumination Photometric Shutter
- 2-Stage Cooling Delta to -55C
- Liquid Cooling Ready
- Twin Variable Speed Fans
- MAR coated Sapphire Chamber Window
- Built-in Frost Detection System
- Built-in RBI Pre-Flash
- 12VDC Operation
- Internal Power Management System
- External Triggers In/Out
- Full Frame Image Buffer
- Remote Guide Head Option
- High Accuracy Temperature control
- User Rechargeable Desiccant Plug
- Internal Image Processing (User Selectable)
- Status, Power and Relay Indicators
- AO-8 Adaptive Optics Option
The STT uses the same efficient pin fin heat sink design as the STX series cameras to achieve the most efficient use of space and weight while maximizing the cooling capability of the camera. This type of heat sink is more expensive than typical parallel fin heat sinks, but the results speak for themselves. The STT prototypes achieved an average temperature delta greater than -50C in 5 minutes and a max of -57C in less than ten.
Since its founding, SBIGs mechanical shutters have been designed for highly reliable, even-illumination, of the sensor even at short exposures. Even-illumination is especially critical when taking flat fields with exposures of less than a second or even several seconds. This is very common when taking sky flats.
SBIGs new STT-8300, the first high speed 8300 camera with user-selectable automatic image processing! Thirty second dark frames were taken at room temperature to accentuate the number of warm pixels. In sample images the first frame is unprocessed, the second frame has a medium filter, and the third frame the most aggressive filter. The result of each image shows fewer bright pixels and each has correspondingly lower noise in the image. The user can select from eight levels of filter strength to suit his needs.
SBIG STT-8300 Camera Components
- Class 1 KAF-8300 CCD
- Rugged machined camera body with rack handles and 2 nosepiece
- Internal, even-illumination, mechanical shutter
- 15 foot USB cable (third party USB extenders available)
- Telescope interface cable (for guiding)
- Universal 100-240VAC Power supply
- SBIGs CCDOPS version 5 camera control software
- Plano All Weather case
- Two Year Warranty Parts and Labor on the camera other than the CCD
- One Year Warranty Parts and Labor on the CCD
- Demo CD-ROM with sample images and software
About the Kodak KAF-8300 Sensor
The Kodak KAF-8300 Image Sensor is a 22.5mm diagonal (Four Thirds Format) high performance monochrome full frame CCD (charge-coupled device) image sensor designed for a wide range of image sensing applications including digital imaging.
Each pixel contains blooming protection by means of a lateral overflow drain thereby preventing image corruption during high light level conditions.
Kodak KAF-8300 Imaging Sensor Features
- High Resolution - High Dynamic Range - Low Noise Architecture
- Photography, Industrial Imaging and Medical Imaging Applications
- Absolute Quantum Efficiency - Peak: 57% 400nm: 38%
- Dark Current Doubling - 5.8 C
- Imager Size - 17.96mm x 13.52mm
- Anti-Blooming - Yes (1000x)
OPT Product Number: SB-STT-8300M
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.