The STC-428 is designed to be used as a component in instruments for medical imaging, laboratory instruments, low-light industrial inspection, and other applications. The basic camera platform can be modified to meet your mechanical requirements including mounting, packaging, accessories, and more. Options such as a mechanical shutter or filter wheel can be added. Software API support is provided for a variety of operating systems including embedded Linux applications.
The evaluation kit includes all the accessories and software you need to get your evaluation up-and-running quickly. Engineering support is provided to help you with your integration process.
SBIG® STC-428-OEM Evaluation Package
Problem: We need to integrate a compact, low cost, yet high performance imaging camera for our demanding low-light-level application
Solution: STC-428-OEM provides extremely high sensitivity, low noise 7 megapixel imaging in a compact, easily integrated package with complete engineering support
The STC-428-OEM is our most popular scientific CMOS camera for OEM applications such as ELISA microplate readers, colorimetry, fluorescence, and other low-light level imaging applications.
The STC-428-OEM features:
- High sensitivity, low noise 7 megapixel IMX428 imaging sensor
- Electronic global shutter for fast exposure times (0.001 to 3600 sec.)
- High-speed USB 3.0 interface (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Downloads in under 50 milliseconds (depending on computer speed)
- Stack Pro™ automatic in-camera sub-exposure stacking
- Regulated two-stage cooling with delta ~ -30C
- SmartCooling™ active temperature regulation to 0.1 degrees C for high calibration stability Volume pricing available
- Application engineering support
- Customization options for your application, including mechanical shutter, filter wheel, packaging modifications, adapters
- Accepts Nikon and Canon EOS lens adapters
- Windows-based evaluation software available
- Multiplatform software API and sample code available
- For years mature CCD sensor technology, embodied in our venerable STF-83oo-OEM camera, set the standard for high sensitivity, low noise, high dynamic range, and images free of pattern noise
The new STC-428-OEM scientific CMOS camera represents a major improvement over CCD technology. Compared with previous CCD models, the STC-428-OEM features higher sensitivity (78% QE versus 56%), significantly lower read noise (2.5 e- versus 9.3 e-), and 20X faster readout.
While a single exposure on the IMX428 sensor can equal CCD dynamic range, the combination of fast readout and very low read noise allows for stacking many shorter to produce greater dynamic range than previously possible. The built-in StackPro™ capability can automatically divide your exposure into up to 16 shorter sub-exposures, and stack them inside the camera prior to download. This increases dynamic range without imposing greater processing requirements on the host computer.
Our SmartCooling™ active regulation maintains the sensor temperature to within 0.1ºC, and minimizes fan speed based on heat sink temperature for longer life and quieter operation.
- SONY IMX428 CMOS imaging sensor
- 3208 x 2200 pixels / 7.1 megapixel
- 4.5 micron pixels
- 17.6 mm diagonal
- Peak QE 78%
- Typical QE: Red (635-700 nm) ~ 63%, Green (520-560 nm) ~ 78%, Blue (450-490 nm) ~ 75%
- 12-bit A/D conversion with low-gain and high-gain modes
- Very low read noise ~ 2.5e-
- Very low dark current 0.1 e-/pixel/sec typical @ -5C
- 80 dB dynamic range