Pier-Tech Tri-Pier 2 Portable Adjustable Pier
The Tri-Pier 2 is a height-adjustable, portable pier that folds up like a traditional tripod. It allows a lower loading height (knee level) of your mount and telescope. After mounting your astronomy equipment to the Tri-Pier 2, simply push a button to raise your mount and telescope to a comfortable viewing/working height. The pier has 20" of precision vertical adjustment to keep your telescope polar aligned and level. It is supplied with a 24-volt rechargeable battery controller, so you can take it to your favorite dark sky site or star party. It can also be mounted in your observatory or permanent viewing site, by adding the optional anchor plate.
The Tri-Pier2 can be converted to a permanent height adjustable pier by removing the adjustment feet from the legs. No need to remove the legs. Just fold them in. So if an observatory is in your future or if you are looking for a pier that can be used both in an observatory permanent setting and at your favorite star party, then the Tri-Pier2 is the pier that will adapt to your needs. Gas-assisted leg opening. This feature aids in opening the legs and allows the legs to open to the same position, so if you place it in the same place and in the same orientation on your viewing platform, you won't have to re-level the pier.
*The price shown includes a flat top adapter plate. If your mount will not accept the standard adapter plate, there will be an additional charge for creating an adapter plate that will fit. OPT will contact you after you place your order if this is the case with your mount. Please include the make and model of your mount in the comments section of your shopping cart to help expedite your order or email OPT
for more information.
Pier-Tech Tri-Pier 2 Portable Adjustable Pier Features
- Supplied with 24-volt rechargeable battery controller.
- Stays level and polar aligned at all heights.
- 400 pound lift capacity!
- The minimum pier height can be set between 28 inches and 38 inches.
- Maximum pier height is electrically adjustable between 28 to 48 inches or 38 to 58 inches (all dimensions are +/- 0.50 inches).
- Aluminum anodized construction for corrosion resistance.
- Audible alarm lets you know if batteries need recharging.
- Bull's-eye level is recessed in bottom plate. This feature aids in leveling the pier.
- Carry Handle.
- Special slots in side of pier allow you to hide wires by adding our slot covers.
- 3" diameter vibration resistant foot pads for maximum ground contact.
- Adaptable to any telescope mount. Lifting capacity allows use with any commercially available telescope mounts.
- Ergonomic and handicapped accessible.
- Great for viewers of different standing height
- Lower minimum heights are available. Contact OPT for piers with lower minimum heights.
Pier Tech Product Number: TP2