Pier-Tech 3 - 120V Electro-Mechanical Telescope Pier
The PT3 has been re-designed from the ground up to provide even better performance than the previous PT3 version. Now with dual lifting columns that simultaneously lift the telescope and mount, through a 20" travel distance. This design renders rock solid adjustment with a push of a button.
The addition of the second lifting column to the PT3 provides a guided precision lift that allows CCD imaging at high powers thru its total 20" travel. Lifting capacity is 1100 pounds and can withstand a bending moment of 448 pounds at 52 inches from center of the pier.
Pier-Tech 3 - 120V Electro-Mechanical Telescope Pier Features
- Supplied with 120 Volt controller.
- Dual lifting columns allow a guided precision 20 inch lift.
- Stays level and polar aligned at every height.
- Can be made portable with optional legs and castors attachment.
- 1100 pound lift capacity.
- Minimum pier height is 28 1/2 inches, Maximum pier height is 48 1/2 inches (all dimensions are +/- 1 inch)
- Aluminum and powder coated steel construction for corrosion resistance.
- Flat, top pier plate is included in price. There will be an additional charge for adapting to mounts that do not attach to a flat top plate.
- Great for roll-off roof observatories or dome observatories.
- Ergonomic and handicapped accessible.
- Great for viewers of different standing heights such as children.
- Designed for CCD imaging at high powers.
*The price shown includes a flat top adapter plate. If your mount will not accept the standard adapter plate, there will be an additional charge for creating an adapter plate that will fit. OPT will contact you after you place your order if this is the case with your mount. Please include the make and model of your mount in the comments section of your shopping cart to help expedite your order or email OPT for more information.
Pier Tech Product Number: 3
Customer Note: A 50% deposit is required. OPT will charge your card for that amount upon receipt of your order. The balance due will be required before shipment. Normal wait is 8-10 weeks. Computed shipping costs are based on an "average" delivery. Actual charges may be higher (or even lower!). You will be contacted should charges differ from your shopping cart total.