This Pier includes an adapter plate of your choice. This is reflected in the price.
The PT2 allows use of only one pier, since you could raise or lower the pier when switching between different styles of telescopes. When looking high near the zenith, you don't need to strain your back by crouching down to look thru the eyepiece, just simply push the button on the hand pendant to raise the eyepiece to your eye, while still keeping the telescope level and polar aligned GUARANTEED. Best of all, target stays in the field of view!
In observatory applications, use the PT2 or PT3 to raise the telescope above the observatory wall, to view astronomical objects near the horizon. It can also be controlled via your personal computer or controlling server, with the addition of Auto-Pier software and hardware.
To operate the Pier-Tech 2, just plug it into a standard 220V outlet, push the up or down button on the supplied hand held pendant to raise or lower the pier. (Don't have power in your observatory? You can also operate it thru an inverter.) The pier has 20 inches of precision vertical adjustment keeping your telescope polar aligned and level. Guaranteed or your money back!.
Pier-Tech 2 - 220V Electro-Mechanical Telescope Pier Features
- Supplied with 220Volt controller just plug into standard wall outlet.
- Stays level and polar aligned at every height.
- Can be made portable with optional leg and castor attachment.
- 215 pound lift capacity.
- Minimum pier height is 30 1/2 inches- 31 1/2 inches, Maximum pier height is 50 1/2 inches- 51 1/2 inches, (all dimensions are +/- 1/2 inches)
- Aluminum and powder coated steel construction for corrosion resistance.
- Custom machined top plate for your telescope or wedge type included in price.
- Great for roll-off roof observatories.
- Ergonomic and handicapped accessible.
- Great for viewers of different standing heights such as children
*The price shown includes a flat top adapter plate. If your mount will not accept the standard adapter plate, there will be an additional charge for creating an adapter plate that will fit. OPT will contact you after you place your order if this is the case with your mount. Please include the make and model of your mount in the comments section of your shopping cart to help expedite your order or email OPT for more information.
Pier Tech Product Number: 2220