This robotic microfocuser has 102 mm (4-inches) of clear aperture.
The ESATTO 4-inch is the large dimension robotic microfocuser in the ESATTO family. It was designed for observatory class telescopes and astrographs which need a large free aperture, (like the Takahashi FSQ-106).
Compared to the smaller models, the ESATTO 4-inch offers a larger free aperture of 102 mm (4-inches), a longer draw tube travel of 35 mm (1.38-inches), and a higher payload capacity of 10 kg (22-pounds). It includes all of the high-quality technical features of the other ESATTO focusers: incredible resolution of 0.04 microns per step, a USB-C port for computer control, a WiFi connection with included Virtual HandPadapp, and an ARCO rotator port (used for camera rotation).
Dimensions comparison: ESATTO 2" (left), ESATTO 3" (center) ed ESATTO 4" (right).
ESATTO 4-inch robotic microfocuser - main features:
- Crayford style focuser with 40 ball bearings, specially designed for very high load capacity of up to 10 kg (22-pounds) with no flexure.
- Low profile design with only 65 mm (2.56-inches) thickness and 91 mm (3.6-inches) with the internal flange.
- 15 mm (0.6-inch) focuser travel with an incredible accuracy of 0.04 microns per step!
- Remotely controlled from a PremaLuceLab EAGLE or any Windows computer, with dedicated control software or ASCOM drivers.
- USB-C connector offering greater reliability and can be connected to any USB type port via the included cable.
- Remote control with WiFi from any smartphone, tablet, or computer using the ESATTO Virtual HandPad app, also for visual use!
- ARCO port to easily connect your ARCO camera rotator to the ESATTO without the need for additional data or power cables.
- Weight: 2050 g (4.5-pounds).
All-in-one design for the best performance also with professional telescopes
This 4-inch ESATTO has all the most advanced technologies that allow you to get the best performance from your telescope: incredible accuracy of 0.04 microns per step; designed with XX bearings to offer exceptional precision and load capacity; reversible USB-C port for control from an EAGLE or any external computer; ARCO port for combined use with the optional robotic rotator; dimmable status LEDs that can also be turned off; WiFi connection; and it includes Virtual HandPad for use even without a computer.
The perfect focuser for Takahashi FSQ-106 astrograph
Thanks to special optics, Takahashi FSQ-106 is one of the best performing astrographs and it's used by the best astrophotographers in the world. The special internal corrector is so large that it requires a very large focuser to use it. The ESATTO 4" allows remote and high precision control even of very heavy cameras and accessories, for this reason the 4-inch ESATTO is the ideal focuser for the Takahashi FSQ-106 telescope.
In order for you to install this 4-inch ESATTO in place of the original Takahashi focuser, they have designed a special telescope-side adapter (left, #PPL-P3600310-not included) which gives your focus train the same combined thickness as with the original focuser.
Special adapter for Takahashi FSQ-106 and to connect Takahashi photographic adapters. --The FSQ-106 telescope is shown (above) with: 125 mm D-style support rings, attached to a 240 mm D-style plate, and 10 mm spacers (below the OTA); and the EAGLE with 10 mm spacers (above the OTA).
In addition, they created a second camera-side adapter (left, #PPL-PL3600316-not included) to be screwed to the M110x1 thread of the ESATTO 4" draw tube; to convert it into an M92x1 female thread which is the same as the one on the original Takahashi focuser. In this way, you can remove the original focuser, install ESATTO 4" with your optional adapters, and you will find the focus point with the same photographic adapters as you used before.
ESATTO 4" installed on the Takahashi FSQ-106 with both the optional telescope-side adapter and with optional camera-side M92x1 adapter. --The FSQ-106 telescope is shown (above) with: 125 mm D-style support rings, attached to a 240 mm D-style plate, with 10 mm spacers (below the OTA); and the EAGLE, with 10 mm spacers (above the OTA).
Highlighted Features of the ESATTO 4" Focuser
- Large 102 mm (4-inches) free aperture and high 10 kg (22-pounds) payload capacity.
- Long draw tube travel of 35 mm (1.38-inches).
- Crayford style focuser.
- 65 mm (2.56-inches) thickness -91 mm (3.6-inches) with internal flange.
- 15 mm (0.59-inch) focuser travel at 0.04 microns (0.0000015748-inch) per step!
- Remotely controlled from EAGLE or any Windows computer.
- PORTS: USB-C connector; ARCO camera rotator; 12V power; and Temperature probe.
- RST Toggle Button: Reset.