- A Computerized Reflector with 130 mm Optics
- Bright Views of the Moon, Planets, Deep-Sky Targets (like Nebulae and Star Clusters)
- GoTo Database of over 42,000 Objects with a built-in Tour Mode
- Once aligned, allows Manual Aiming without losing GoTo Alignment
- After Selected, StarSeeker IV Locates and Tracks Objects Automatically
- GoTo Hand Controller
- Two Wide-Field 60-Degree Eyepieces
Orion StarSeeker IV 130mm GoTo Reflector Telescope
Orion's StarSeeker IV 130 mm GoTo Reflector Telescope presents a winning combination of motorized object-location technology and great optical performance at an unbelievably low price. This smart GoTo telescope will lead you and your family on a guided tour of the stars on any clear night.
Featuring a reflector optical tube with moderate, 650 mm focal length and f/5.0 focal ratio, the versatile StarSeeker IV 130 mm Reflector collects light with its 5.1-inch aperture, parabolic reflecting optics for bright, wide-field views. The entire telescope setup weighs just 21.5-pounds for easy transport, whether you're heading down the road or out to the backyard.
Following a simple two-star alignment process, the Orion StarSeeker IV 130 mm telescope can guide you to interesting sights on any clear night with its GoTo database of over 42,000 objects. A handy, built-in "Tour" mode feature of the included GoTo hand controller makes it easy for anyone to explore the wonders of starry skies, no matter how familiar or unfamiliar you are with the night sky. Once the StarSeeker IV 130 mm GoTo Reflector locates a target for you to explore, the single-arm Alt-Azimuth mount's internal motors will automatically track the object's apparent motion and keep it centered so you can enjoy the view as long as you wish.
This fourth generation StarSeeker telescope features dual optical encoders on each axis of motion which allow you to move the telescope tube either manually by hand, or electronically by using the directional arrows on the GoTo hand controller. To save time, battery life, and reduce motor wear, you can manually point the telescope towards the general area of a target object, then engage the tube lock and use the hand controller to let the GoTo mount finish the fine-centering of the object electronically.
This complete GoTo telescope setup includes a thorough assortment of useful accessories:
Since the StarSeeker IV 130 mm Reflector can locate and track celestial objects with its motorized GoTo system, you can use it along with a camera or smartphone to take impressive pictures of the night sky. Capture stunning snapshots of the Moon, planets and more by attaching a dedicated astrophotography camera, or a combination of an Orion SteadyPix accessory and your own point-and-shoot camera or smartphone to the StarSeeker IV 130 mm to explore the rewarding hobby of astrophotography. (Cameras and SteadyPix accessories sold separately.)
Each StarSeeker IV telescope is powered by 8 internally stored AA batteries (not included). A 12V DC auto-lighter plug is included for use of optional 12V DC field batteries.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Orion StarSeeker IV 130 f/5 Reflector Telescope Optical Tube Assembly
- StarSeeker IV GoTo Alt-azimuth Mount and Tripod
- Orion AZ/EQ Computerized GoTo Hand Controller (Synscan)
- Orion EZ Finder II Reflex Sight
- 23 mm Wide-Field 60-Degree AFOV Eyepiece (1.25-inch)
- 10 mm Wide-Field 60-Degree AFOV Eyepiece (1.25-inch)
- Accessory Tray
- PC Interface (Serial) Cable
- 12V DC Power Cable (Auto Lighter Plug to 2.1/5.5 mm Plug)
- Hand Controller Holder Bracket and Strap
- Quick-Collimation Cap
- Liquid-Filled Compass
- Starry Night SE Astronomy Software Digital Download Insert
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.