Orion SkyQuest XT8i IntelliScope Dobsonian Telescope
The SkyQuest XT8i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope by Orion Telescopes and Binoculars:
This remarkable scope combines powerful 203 mm (8-inch) aperture reflector optics with point-and-view simplicity in one nicely portable package. And with the included Orion IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator, even the novice stargazer has access to the location of 14,000+ celestial wonders stored in the Intelligence's database. It is like having your own personal tour guide to the universe!
You just select an object to observe using the Object Locator's illuminated menu buttons (Galaxies, Clusters, Nebulae, etc.), or choose a pre-set tour of the best objects, then press Enter. The IntelliScope's high-resolution, 9,216-step digital encoders direct the telescope right to the object, placing it squarely in the eyepiece. Just remember, not every object can be seen given sky conditions, aperture, etc.
The Orion XT8i IntelliScope is the most advanced 8-inch Dobsonian telescope available. Its 8-inch (203 mm) parabolic primary mirror serves up jaw-dropping images of the planets, nebulas clusters, and galaxies. The enameled steel tube boasts a navigation knob for easy slewing, a right-angle finder scope and now a Crayford-style focuser that accepts 2-inch and 1.25-inch eyepieces. The focuser provides silky-smooth, backlash-free motion that eliminates image shift, making it easier to achieve the sharpest possible focus
The optical tube rides on a streamlined, ultra-stable Dobsonian base, moving smoothly on Teflon and UHMW polyethylene bearing pads. The CorrecTension system keeps the tube perfectly balanced for point-and-view ease of use.
Find out how much fun big-aperture stargazing can be with the Orion SkyQuest XT8i IntelliScope!
Orion SkyQuest XT8i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope Features:
- Large Dobsonian reflector telescope with 203 mm (8-inch) aperture allows you to see faint deep-sky objects such as nebulas and galaxies, in addition to fantastic views of the Moon and planets
- Locating those faint deep-sky objects is simple with the IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator, it includes more than 14,000 objects in its database, and points you right to each one
- Select the object you wish to view from the IntelliScope database, then simply follow the directional arrows displayed on the hand controller by moving the telescope until the object is right in the eyepiece field of view.
- The ultra-stable Dobsonian telescope base keeps the reflector optical tube perfectly balanced for easy point-and-view use
- A precise Crayford focuser allows use of larger format 2-inch telescope eyepieces, the bright, wide-field view of the Andromeda galaxy in a low power 2-inch eyepiece is jaw-dropping!
|Alignment Procedure||2 Star Alignment|
|Aperture||203 mm (8")|
|CD ROMs Included||Starry Night SE|
|Hand Controller included||Yes|
|Highest Useful Magnification||300x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.2|
|Mount Type||Dobsonian Cradle with GoTo|
|Mount Weight||21.3 lbs.|
|Objects in Database||14000 Objects|
|OTA Mount Type||Dobsonian Cradle|
|OTA Weight||20.8 lbs.|
|Telescope Series||Orion SkyQuest|
|Tube Weight||28.9 lbs|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|