- A Computerized 10-Inch Dobsonian
- Choose to Point and View
- 2-Inch Crayford focuser
- 2 Eyepieces
- Right-Angle Correct-Image Finderscope
Orion SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope Dobsonian Telescope
The SkyQuest XT10i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope by Orion:
The SkyQuest Orion XT10i continues its dominance over all other 10-inch Dobsonians worldwide by virtue of its dazzling optics, a contemporary new design, and most exciting of all, the ability to locate any of more than 14,000 fascinating celestial objects with push-button ease! And it's now upgraded with a 2-inch Crayford-style focuser for smoother, more accurate performance.
With the Orion IntelliScope Computer Controller, locating and viewing even the most elusive deep-sky curiosities becomes a "no brainer." Just select an object to view from the controller's 14,000-object database. High-resolution, 9,216-step digital encoders integrated in the telescope then pinpoint the object and guide the scope right to it. Choose from dozens of additional menu options, including tours of the best deep-sky gems each month and identification of any object in the field of view. Oh, so that's the Cat's Paw Nebula!
The Orion XT10i IntelliScope features exquisite optics: a 10-inch (254 mm) parabolic mirror (1200 mm focal length, f/4.7) figured from low-expansion, U.S.-made Pyrex glass for superior thermal stability. It gathers 56-percent more light than an 8-inch mirror, reaching stars as faint as magnitude 15. The steel optical tube, now finished in deep bronze metallic enamel, is equipped with a 2-inch cast aluminum Crayford-style focuser, a navigation knob for easy slewing, a big 9x50 finder scope, and two Sirius Plossl eyepieces.
The Crayford-style focuser included with the Orion XT10i SkyQuest Intelliscope is smoother and more accurate than a rack-and-pinion focuser. Roller bearing construction eliminates image shift due to drawtube "rocking". Upgraded metal focusing knobs with rubber grips give you a great feel, and a thumb screw for locking the focus position and adjusting tension give you greater control. The focuser includes an adapter for 1.25-inch eyepieces.
Orion has streamlined the rock-stable Dobsonian base and upgraded it with a springless CorrecTension system that ensures even better manual tracking control and tube balance. Bearings molded from ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene and Teflon provide silky smooth motion of the telescope on both axes. A 2-inch/1.25-inch eyepiece rack and new, ergonomic carry handle come standard. Smart scope. Smart price. Smart buy. Get the Orion SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope today!
Orion SkyQuest XT10i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope Features:
- This clever "push-to" computerized Dobsonian reflector telescope can lead you to more than 14,000 celestial objects with its included IntelliScope Object Locator
- Big 10-inch (254 mm) aperture reflector telescope gathers loads of light for bright views of nebulas, galaxies, star clusters, and close-up study of the Moon and planets
- Stable support provided by the wooden Dobsonian telescope base and CorrecTension adjustment knobs keep the telescope optical tube balanced in any viewing position
- Simple Dobsonian "point-and-view" ease of use plus IntelliScope smarts equals a reflector telescope for a lifetime
- Includes 2-inch Crayford focuser, two 1.25-inch Sirius Plossl eyepieces (25 mm and 10 mm), a 9x50 right-angle correct-image finder scope, eyepiece rack, collimation cap, and Starry Night software
OPT Product Number: OR-10019
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
What kind of a stand do you use for this telescope?
This telescope is a Dobsonian reflector and generally sits on the ground without the need for an additional stand. All you need is a small patch of level, dry ground and you can use this scope.