Orion Sirius EQ-G Computerized Equatorial Mount
The Sirius EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount and Tripod by Orion:
Less hefty than the Atlas, but with the same drive motors, electronic features, and functionality, the Orion Sirius EQ-G Mount supports up to a 30-pound load for all your visual or astrophotographic applications. It accepts either a GoTo or a dual-axis (non-GoTo) hand controller, depending on your needs.
Orion Sirius EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount includes an illuminated polar-axis scope, 8.3-inch dovetail mounting bar, and one 11-pound counterweight. The tripod supplied with the Orion Sirius EQ-G Mount is remarkably sturdy, as evidenced by the 1.75-inch diameter stainless steel legs and cast-metal spreader plate. Requires 12V DC power source or AC to DC adapter. Weighs 32-pounds, not including counterweight.
With the GoTo option, the Orion Sirius EQ-G makes a terrific upgrade into the high-tech realm of effortless, electronic object acquisition! Select from among 13,400+ celestial objects using the intuitive menus on the hand controller, or take a tour of the finest celestial showpieces. The internal dual-axis stepper motors slew your telescope at up to 3.4-degrees per second. The GoTo hand controller's firmware can be updated over the internet.
Orion Sirius EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount and Tripod Features:
- The Sirius EQ-G equatorial telescope mount and tripod supports up to a 30-pound load for all your visual or astrophotographic applications
- Select from among 42,900 celestial objects using the intuitive menus on the computerized GoTo hand controller
- Take an automated tour of the finest celestial showpieces with the GoTo system after a simple alignment procedure
- The tripod is remarkably sturdy with 1.75-inch diameter stainless steel legs and cast-metal spreader plate
- Includes a polar-axis scope for easy polar-alignment, 8.3-inch dovetail mounting bar with optical axis offset adjustment screws, one 11-pound counterweight, 12V DC power cable, and more - requires 12V power supply for motorized operation (power supply sold separately)
OPT Product Number: OR-24336
Drop-Ship: OPT will contact you immediately if there are any delays on shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time.
|Drive Type||Microstep driven stepper motors|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||30 lbs|
|Latitude Range||14 to 70 Degrees|
|Mount Head Weight||11lbs|
|Power Consumption||12v 2a|
|Slew Speed||3.4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Total Weight||43 lbs|
|Tripod Weight||32 lbs|