As numerous customers have shown, the Orion Sirius ED80's short focal length and superb apochromatic optics make it a great telescope for astrophotography. And now they've coupled it with a state-of-the-art equatorial mount that provides the stability and precision control needed to capture beautiful deep sky images.
The Orion Sirius ED80 sports a multi-coated 80mm objective lens doublet of 600mm focal length (f/7.5). One lens element is crafted from extra-low dispersion or "ED" optical glass. This high-grade glass greatly reduces the chromatic aberration that causes color fringing around bright objects and loss of sharpness in standard achromats.
The 2" Crayford-style focuser on the Orion EQ 80ED accepts both 2" and 1.25" accessories and has a drawtube tensioning knob for securing your camera position when imaging and your eyepiece/diagonal assembly when observing.
With the Sirius EQ-G mount and GoTo hand controller, you'll experience effortless computerized navigation to 42,900+ celestial objects with a few buttons pushes on the illuminated hand controller. Internal dual-axis stepper motors move the telescope at up to 3.4" per second right to your target object, tracking it while you observe or photograph it. Periodic error correction (PEC), a port for an optional autoguider, and an illuminated polar axis scope for accurate polar aligning are all standard features, designed to ensure successful astro-imaging adventures!
The tripod which comes with the Orion Sirius 80 ED-G features extendable 1.75"-diameter stainless steel legs and a cast-metal spreader plate/accessory tray for unflinching stability. To power the mount you will need a 12-volt DC battery or an AC-to-DC adapter for use of 110-volt power. One-year limited warranty.
Orion Sirius 80ED EQ-G Refractor Package Features
- The Orion ED80 refractor's short focal length and superb apochromatic optics make it a great telescope for astrophotography and visual use
- The included Sirius EQ-G GoTo equatorial telescope mount and tripod supports the ED80 refractor with the strength to spare for accommodation of additional astrophotography gear
- The ED80 sports a multi-coated 80mm objective lens doublet of 600mm focal length (f/7.5) made with extra-low dispersion FPL-53 "ED" glass for great visual and astrophotographic performance
- The state-of-the-art Sirius EQ-G GoTo mount contains a computerized database of 42,900 celestial objects to explore and photograph
- Includes 8x40 finder scope for easy aiming, 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepiece, 1.25" prism star diagonal, telescope tube rings, Starry Night astronomy software, and more.
Orion Product Number: 24281
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this telescope (or mount) will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you and availability will be based on Orion's inventory levels. OPT will contact you immediately if there are any delays in shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit. Additional Orion items may be drop-shipped along with the telescope (or mount), or shipped directly from our own OPT stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. As a courtesy, OPT will cover all costs for splitting orders and separate shipments.
If a return issue should arise with an Orion drop-ship item, please note that OPT will be required to issue a minimum 10% restocking fee for its return to Orion. With this exception, all other conditions of the OPT return policy apply. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions on Orion Drop-Ship product availability or on this policy. We're here to serve you!