The Atlas EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount by Orion:
The folks at Orion added brains to their Atlas mount's brawn, and the result is the much-anticipated Atlas EQ-G fully computerized GoTo mount. It's the new standard in affordable, heavy-duty GoTo, featuring fully enclosed, dual-axis DC stepper motors and self-pointing electronics that can pinpoint the location of any celestial target in its 13,436-object data bank.
There are nine slew speeds ranging from 2x sidereal to 800x, which translates to a peppy 3.4 degrees per second, and three tracking speeds: sidereal, lunar, and solar. Backlash compensation in both axes and programmable periodic error correction provide the responsiveness for guiding and the tracking accuracy needed for astrophotography. The drive base is equipped with a CCD autoguider port and input for 12-volt DC power. The GoTo hand controller has a two-line, backlit LCD screen and a red-illuminated keypad. An RS-232 serial port permits connection to a personal computer for control of the telescope via astronomy software, such as Starry Night Pro. Navigating the menu buttons is very intuitive and takes little time to master. The database includes the complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogs of clusters, nebulas, and galaxies; eight planets; 100 named stars; and 25 user-defined objects.
The Atlas EQ-G has a load capacity of 40-pounds, ideal for a 10-inch Newtonian or 11-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube. A 13-inch dovetail mounting bar is included for attachment of tube rings. Also included are an RS-232 cable, two 11-pound counterweights, hand controller mounting bracket, and an illuminated polar-axis finder scope. Mount weighs 54 pounds, not including counterweights. One-year limited warranty.
Orion Atlas EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount Features
- The heavy-duty Atlas EQ-G equatorial telescope mount and tripod has ample strength to support up to a 40-pound equipment load to easily manage all visual or astrophotographic applications
- Select from among 42,900 celestial objects to explore using the intuitive menus on the computerized GoTo hand controller
- Internal DC stepper motors offer nine slew rates ranging from 2x to 800x sidereal and three tracking rates: sidereal, lunar, and solar
- Features a convenient CCD autoguider jack; weighs 54 pounds without counterweights attached
- Includes an illuminated polar-axis scope for easy polar-alignment, 13-inch dovetail mounting plate, two 11-pound counterweights, 12V DC power cable, RS-232 cable, and more - requires external 12-volt DC power source or AC-to-DC wall adapter (sold separately) for motorized operation
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this telescope (or mount) may be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you and availability will be based on Orion's inventory levels. OPT will contact you immediately if there are any delays on shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10-percent deposit. Additional Orion items may be drop-shipped along with the telescope (or mount), or shipped directly from our own OPT stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. As a courtesy, OPT will cover all costs for splitting orders and separate shipments.
If a return issue should arise with an Orion drop-ship item, please note that OPT will be required to issue a minimum 10-percent restocking fee for its return to Orion. With this exception, all other conditions of the OPT return policy apply. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287 or e-mail us if you have any questions on Orion Drop-Ship product availability or on this policy. We're here to serve you!