- A 90 mm (3.54-inch) Refractor Telescope Package
- EQ-2 Equatorial Mount
- Adjustable tripod
- Light and Portable
- Includes a finder, two eyepieces, and a diagonal!
Orion AstroView 90mm EQ Refractor
The AstroView 90EQ Refractor by Orion is a 90 mm (3.54-Inch) aperture achromatic refractor telescope package.
As with any telescope aficionado will tell you, the virtue of refractors lies in their pristine image quality. The problem has always been the price: refractors cost more per inch of aperture than any other telescope design. That's still true, but steady advances in precision lens manufacturing technology are bringing those prices down.
- - When we took the Orion AstroView 90EQ out for an evening spin, we first targeted Jupiter. Cloud banding starkly visible, as were all four of its Galilean moons. Then, our crescent Moon. With the 10 mm eyepiece in place (91x power), the rugged relief and shadow play along the terminator were transfixing. On to the Orion Nebula, where at 36x the four Trapezium stars appeared as perfect blue pinpoints surrounded by a pretty patch of greenish gas. We then powered up to 91x, and "Wow!" the nebula seemed to sprout wings, which spanned nearly the entire field of view! An occasional tweak of the equatorial mount's R.A. slow-motion cable kept the glow centered in the eyepiece. Next, the Beehive Star Cluster (M44) in Cancer. A dazzling splash of bright speckles filled the field at 36x. And so the evening went. The multi-coated 90 mm achromatic objective lens (910 mm focal length, f/10) served up surprisingly high-contrast images - despite our being awash in neighborhood porch and street lights. - -
The Orion AstroView 90 will provide you with many such evenings of heavenly browsing - at an unprecedented low price. Add an optional electronic drive for hands-free star tracking! The whole package is portable and weighs only 23.7 pounds.
OPT Product Number: OR-9024
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this telescope (or mount) will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you and availability will be based on Orion's inventory levels. OPT will contact you immediately if there are any delays on shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit. Additional Orion items may be drop-shipped along with the telescope (or mount), or shipped directly from our own OPT stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. As a courtesy, OPT will cover all costs for splitting orders and separate shipments.
If a return issue should arise with an Orion drop-ship item, please note that OPT will be required to issue a minimum 10% restocking fee for its return to Orion. With this exception, all other conditions of the OPT return policy apply. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions on Orion Drop-Ship product availability or on this policy. We're here to serve you!
- Orion AstroView 90mm EQ Refractor
- 6x30 achromatic finder scope
- (2) 1.25-inch Sirius Plossl eyepieces (sizes 25 mm and 10 mm)
- 1.25-inch mirror star diagonal
- Dust cap
- 1/4:20 adapter on one of the tube rings for piggyback camera attachment.
- Orion's EQ-2 equatorial mount, with dual setting circles, slow-motion cables, and oversized lock knobs
- Adjustable aluminum tripod with large accessory tray
- One-year limited warranty.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can a solar filter be fixed to this? Is it easy to install?
Yes, but you would need to measure the diameter of the dew shield to decide which one will fit. The AZ-1000 (90-100mm), AZ-1003 (104-114mm), or AZ-1001 (110-120mm diameter) are the most likely candidates. The filter would just slide over the top and the n
Can cameras be used with this telescope? The Orion AstroView 90mm EQ Refractor.
Yes William, there a several possibilities for cameras with your telescope. My best choice would be the ZWO Color astronomy camera: http://www.optcorp.com/zwo-asi120mc-color-astronomy-camera.html
Is the mount the astroview mount? I was told it is actually the eq2 mount.
The manufacturer calls this an Astroview 90 scope but notes that it comes with an EQ2 mount. The larger "Astroview" mount is different and comes packaged with the 120mm and larger scopes.