- A must-have for safely observing the Sun without damaging your eyes - optical glass filter fits snugly over your telescope's aperture to block 99.9% of incoming sunlight
- Filter inside diameter is 9.45" - fits optical tubes with an outer diameter of 9.2" to 9.45" with included shim materials and securing thumbscrews
Orion 9.45" Full Aperture Glass Solar Filter
This is a 9.45-Inch Full Aperture Glass Solar Filter with a foam tape liner that fits over the front of an optical tube where the outer rim diameter is up to 1/4-inch smaller (9.25-inch max.)
Who said you have to be in the dark to do astronomy? Turning your telescope to the Sun is fun and educational. Watch the march of giant sunspots, the clouds of glowing vapor in the photosphere, and solar "granulation" detail. But be sure to protect your precious vision with a safe Orion solar filter! Looking at the Sun without proper equipment, even for an instant, can permanently damage your eyes.
Superior to Film
These full-aperture optical glass telescope filters deliver superb views of the Sun, without risk to your eyes. While more expensive than black polymer film filters, Orion glass solar filters provide better contrast, a more natural yellow-orange color instead of blue, and their glass and aluminum construction is much more durable. They're ideal for photographing the Sun too!
The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with an advanced nickel-chromium stainless steel alloy for a scratch-resistant surface. The filter passes only a fraction of the incoming light, rejecting harmful ultraviolet and infrared radiation.
Each Orion filter is mounted in an aluminum cell that slide-fits over the front of your telescope. Each filter size will fit telescopes with diameters up to 1/4-inch smaller with foam tape liner supplied.
This 9.45-inch size is the ideal diameter for the front of these Orion telescopes;
- Orion SkyQuest XT8 Classic, XT8 PLUS, XT8i IntelliScope, XT8g GoTo, XT8 Build-A-Scope, and XT8i Build-A-Scope Dobsonian telescopes
- Atlas 8 EQ-G GoTo Reflectors
- SkyView Pro 8 EQ and EQ-G GoTo Reflectors
- Orion Sirius 8 EQ-G GoTo Reflectors
- Orion 8-inch f/3.9 Newtonian Astrographs
- Orion 203 mm f/4.9 Reflector OTAs
A must-have for safely observing the Sun without damaging your eyes - optical glass filter fits snugly over your telescope's aperture to block 99.9% of incoming sunlight
Fits Orion SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian, XT8 PLUS Dobsonian, XT8i IntelliScope Dobsonian, XT8g GoTo Dobsonian, Atlas 8 EQ and SkyView Pro 8 EQ, 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph, and more
Each Orion telescope solar filter is mounted in a foam-lined aluminum cell featuring three equidistant securing thumbscrews, 4x 1/16" thick adhesive foam tabs, and 4x 1/8" thick adhesive foam tabs for customized friction fit to your telescope
Filter inside diameter is 9.45" - fits optical tubes with an outer diameter of 9.2" to 9.45" with included shim materials and securing thumbscrews
- Note: All Orion solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.