Orion 8mm Stratus Wide Field Eyepiece - 1.25" / 2"
Orion 8 mm Stratus Wide Field Eyepiece
Enjoy a wide-field window into the heavens, served up by Stratus eyepieces. With an apparent field of 68-degrees which translates to a 71-percent greater viewing area than that of a typical Plossl, Stratus eyepieces quite literally put more stars in your eyes. In the same way you feel more a part of the action watching a big-screen TV, with Stratus you will feel like you are really experiencing your celestial targets, rather than just viewing them from afar.
Each ocular features a monster 1.24-inch diameter eye lens to look into. Each also has a generous 20 mm of eye relief, so you'll get the "big picture" even if you wear eyeglasses. The optics are fully multi-coated to maximize light transmission to your eyes, and the lens edges are blackened to ensure excellent contrast.
Stratus eyepieces fit in both 1.25-inch and 2-inch focusers. Each is threaded for filters and comes with protective lens caps.
Orion 8 mm Stratus Wide Field Eyepiece Features
- The ultimate in viewing comfort - this 8 mm telescope eyepiece sports a monster 1.24-inch diameter eye lens and a generous 20 mm eye relief
- An ideal eyepiece for high-power yet wide-field views of the Moon, planets and bright deep sky objects through a telescope
- Offers a 68-degree apparent field of view for a nice and wide window into the heavens
- Eyepiece optics are fully multi-coated and feature blackened lens edges for maximized light transmission and excellent contrast
- Usable in both 1.25-inch and larger 2-inch telescope focusers thanks to its dual-purpose body
Product Number: OR-8243
|Dust Caps Included||Yes|
|Eye Guard Included||Yes|
|Eyepiece Apparent FOV||68 degrees|
|Eyepiece Eye Relief||20mm|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||8mm|
|Lens Elements & Groups||8 elements|
|Optical Design||Wide Angle|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
Star Gazing Bargain!!!
Wow, I couldn't beleive the size of this eyepiece when I got the box in the mail. This eyepiece has a rugged design and solid feel. I am using this on a 4.5 reflector with a magnification of 125x with this lens. The eye relief is quite comfortable but I noticed that you have to move your head around to experience the full 68 degrees field of view. This makes it much easier to find and center on objects. Great bargain!