Optec engineers have developed a, low profile, yet extremely robust 3-inch focuser for telescope installations where back-focus is at a premium. With the width of a typical 1.25-inch eyepiece, the TCF-Leo provides a unique focusing solution for the Celestron EdgeHD and other telescopes with limited flange-to-focus distances.
The unique shape of the TCF-Leo is designed to fit neatly between the lock and focus knobs of the Celestron EdgeHD C-11 telescope OTA. With a center-to-edge distance of about 2.2-inches (55 mm), the TCF-Leo works exceptionally well with Innovation Foresight's On-Axis Guider, providing clearance for large cameras and filter wheels above either of the flat edges of the TCF-Leo. Additionally, the TCF-Leo's 3600 receiver fits directly on to the large 3-inch port of the Perseus Instrument Selector for ultra-fine focus of a large format camera.
With standard Optec interfaces on both telescope and camera sides, nearly any telescope imaging system can be configured. You can contact OPT for a custom adapter to fit any telescope.
- Overall Thickness: 1.25-inch (31.8 mm) to 1.6-inch (40.6 mm)
- Focuser Travel: 0.35-inch (8.9 mm)
- Focuser Midpoint: 1.425-inch (36.2 mm)
- Total Step Travel: 112,000 steps
- Step Resolution: 0.08 microns
- Weight: 1-pound 14-ounces (0.85 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 20-pounds (9 kg)
- Focuser 1: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 to focuser
- Focuser 2: Optional second stepper board for RJ45 socket
- Power: 12V DC input =2.5 x 5.5 mm plug, center pin positive
- Network: Standard RJ45 Ethernet socket
- Serial: RJ12 socket for Optec USB/Serial cable (included).