Optec Libra Systems - Keller EZ-Saddle
With the Keller EZ-Saddle- installing a heavy OTA has never been easier. This plate was designed by Allan Keller of PlaneWave Instruments, the EZ-Saddle offers innovative features never before seen in a telescope saddle plate.
The latest component of the Libra dovetail system, Optec's new Keller EZ-Saddle makes mounting large telescopes quick and easy. Featuring plenty of mounting options and bolt package kits (for the PlaneWave / Ascension Instruments A200 mount, Astro-Physics mounts, Celestron CGE Pro, Losmandy G11, Mountain Instruments MI-250, and the Paramount Versaplate-for tandem mounting) the EZ-Saddle offers a standard Losmandy "D" plate receiver saddle to fit nearly any telescope OTA.
Some of the unique design improvements include placing the clamp tension knobs on the bottom side making them easy to reach when mounting the telescope. Safety features include a stability bar along the front edge to provide enough relief to reach down to tighten the clamps located on the same front or bottom side.
The stability bar can be removed to reduce weight once the telescope is securely in place. A registration notch allows the mating D-plate to be marked for quick and easy re-balancing. All fasteners are stainless and the tension knobs are available in several color options.
Available now, be sure to specify your mount make and model for proper bolt kit.
- D-plate Width: 4. 5"
- Width with Stability Bar: 5.00"
- Overall Width with knobs: 6.25" to 6.5"
- Overall Height: 1.00"
- Overall Length: 16"
- Clamp Width: 2.5"
- Clamp Fasteners: anodized lobed aluminum in a variety of colors
- Knob Color Options: Natural
- Stability Bar Height: 1.65"
- Stability Bar Thickness: 0.375"
- Weight with Stability Bar: 4 lb. 6 oz. (2.0 kg)
- Weight with Stability Bar Removed: 3 lb. 14 oz. (1.75 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 55-lbs. (25 kg)
- Safety: Two 1/4"-20 knobs on female dovetail side.
- Removable Stability Bar,
- Fourteen Cable Management Tie-Down locations,
- Balance Indicator notch on Stability Bar,
- Clamp stops, Drop-In dovetail.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.