Optec DirectSync TEC Motor for Large Focuser
This Optec DirectSync TEC motor is intended for use with TEC's (Telescope Engineering Company) Large Focuser. The TEC large focuser was installed up until recently on their APO140 and larger scopes. New TEC telescopes that require a large focuser are now shipping with a FeatherTouch. Please take note of your focuser model before placing your order.
The DirectSync high-torque TEC motor comes with a built-in temperature sensor. The DirectSync motor provides a direct drive motor that can be easily disengaged for manual focusing. The DirectSync TEC motor kit is easy to install and provides a digital focusing solution that also allows manual focus when at the telescope.
The FocusLynx DirectSync TEC package was designed especially for the TEC native focuser and offers greater positional repeatability than the original QuickSync TEC package. With a direct gearing system that leaves the planetary reduction assembly and unique tensioning system intact, DirectSync can achieve greater positional repeatability and carry imaging camera packages in excess of 12 kg (27 lb).
- Motor Housing Width: 1.9" (48 mm)
- Overall Length: 3.35" (85 mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz (150 g)
- Step Resolution: 1.25 micron per step
- Stepper Motor: Bi-polar NPM 15-ohm with 1:25 gearhead
- Connection to FocusLynx: Standard Ethernet cable (included)
- Temperature Probe: Integrated Digital Sensor type TMP04FT9Z
- Current Draw: Maximum draw approx. 350 mA