Optec Alnitak Flat-Man, up to 8-1/8"
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Optec Alnitak Flat-Man, up to 8-1/8"The Alnitak Flat-Man, up to 8-1/8-Inch Non-Robotic Lens Cap from Optec:
For the imager who doesn't need the robotic capability of the Flip-Flat, the Flat-Man is now available. The Flat-Man uses the same technology as the Flip-Flat, but is manually placed on the OTA for flat field imaging. The only power you need is a USB cable, and our Windows XP software will light and control the brightness of the Flat-Man. Simply rotate your telescope until the dewshield is pointed straight up and place the Flat-Man centered on your scope.
The Flat-Man is an affordable means to achieve excellent flat fields. For dewshield OD's up to 7.625-inches.
- Lamp Diffuser Diameter: 7.7-inch (195 mm)
- Lamp Illumination Diameter: 6.7-inch (170 mm)
- Control Box Dimensions: 1.35 x 3.15 x 4.2-inches (34 x 80 x 106 mm)
- Weight: 12-ounces (0.34 kg)
- Power requirements: 5VDC provided by USB interface
- Minimum OTA/dewshield OD: 4-inch (stock #OP-19055)
- Maximum OTA/dewshield OD: 8.125-inch (stock #OP-19056)
- Alnitak Software Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe
This #OP-19056 Flat-Man package includes: an additional expansion ring allowing use with OTA's having dew shields up to 8-1/8-inch in diameter, USB cable, and software. Fully illuminated lamp is 6.7-inch (170 mm) in diameter.
OPT Product Number: OP-19056
|8 1/8"||8 1/8"|