OPT Monochrome Imaging Telescope Package - DISCONTINUED
- Kit contains a telescope, a mount, a tripod, a camera, and all the required accessories.
- Telescope: Stellarvue 70mm APO-TRI/2.5 inch
- Aperture: 70mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6
- Camera: ZWO ASI-178MM Cooled Astronomy Camera
- Mount: Celestron Advanced VX
- Filters Included: ZWO 1.25 inch HA, OIII, and SII
OPT Monochrome Imaging Telescope Package - DISCONTINUEDThe OPT Monochrome imaging package is packed full of everything you'll need to get started imaging the night sky from wherever you want, opening up whole new vistas of exploration for the buyer wise enough to choose this marvelous combination of high quality and accessible equipment. This system has it all, from a top notch Stellarvue telescope providing an example of what optimal quality looks like to a sturdy Celestron VX mount to carry your burdens without complaint. Compiled for your convenience and ease, this package makes it easy to leap right into imaging as soon as you've completed initial setup!
The Complete Imaging Package is designed to be ideal for any astronomer on the go, or any astronomer who lives in a city region! The entire setup is quite portable and lightweight for what it accomplishes, and the filter set that accompanies the included camera makes imaging deep sky scenes possible even in heavily light polluted regions! Indeed, this adventure kit is a convenient and easy way to open the manifold doors of astronomy for yourself!
This splendid package includes a telescope of the highest quality and most fitting specifications, a mount fit for said telescope, and a camera to utilize with them both. The intended use of this system is astro-photography, and each and every item in this package was handpicked for optimal quality and convenience for the astronomer using this setup. We've got a filter wheel that comes complete with a full trio of narrowband filters and it's sized perfectly to hold them all. We've got a guide scope and a guide camera on the side for some off axis guiding as needed. We've got a reducer/flattener for the telescope in case you feel like altering the focal length a bit for your needs. On the whole this combo deal has nothing of low quality, and everything you need to get started. The Narrowband filters included in the package ensure that you can image from anywhere, no matter how bright the night is. The compact and portable mount ensures that you can go wherever you want to do so.
This fine piece of equipment is named as the Stellarvue 70mm F-6 Apo Triplet; featuring the latest version of the Stellarvue 2.5 inch dual speed rack and pinion focuser, this telescope set is a fine piece of craftsmanship for those planning to survey the night sky. It was designed using the sharpest and highest contrast 70mm lens that Stellarvue has to offer, in conjunction with the aforementioned high quality focuser. This is no mass produced scope crafted with inferior glass nor sloppy mechanics- but a premier 70mm Apochromat from Stellarvue, designed and crafted to exacting standards.
The aforementioned lens is a 70mm F-6 with a full focal length of 420mm and was fully multi coated. It's a three element objective lens utilizing the Ohara FPL-53 center element- the lens focuses light precisely and in addition the extreme broadband coatings on each surface enhance performance even further. The visual result is a stunning display of vivid bright stars on a velvet black background of the night sky- contrast beautiful and dichotomous. These coatings transmit more than 99% into the visual spectrum and far above and below that- utterly eliminating reflections seen on ccd images. Combined with the relatively fast speed and high strehl optics, this all comes together to make the 70mm Apo Stellarvue's widest field imaging telescope, and leaves the visual performance absolutely stunning.
The SV70T furthermore comes with an aluminum tube and dew shield finished in fine Instrument White, with Black Anodized aluminum fittings. The dew shield is designed to be able to retract when being stored- allowing you to reduce it's length notably to make it easier to fit away- meanwhile, extending that same dew shield minimizes overnight dewing of the objective, and provides a glare-shade during the daytime.
Let us continue on to mention the long labored over 2.5 inch Stellarvue visual and photographic focuser. Many years in the making, this latest design within that line is smooth and stable; a dual speed, 2.5 inch focuser providing an ultra smooth fine focus control at an 11:1 ratio, so as to ensure perfect focus is attainable everytime with a minimum of work. Ideal for both visual and imaging use due to it's design, this focuser provides a full 2.875 inches of travel. An internal break system further enhances the design by allowing the user to adjust capacity as needed. All together this can be summed as one of the finest dual focusers available today. And indeed- summing all these features together, we find one of the finest 70mm Apochromatics available today!
Stellarvue 70mm APO-TRI/2.5 inch R/P Focuser
- Objective: 70 mm clear aperture, 420 mm focal length (F-6), apochromatic triplet with Ohara FPL-53 center element.
- Tube Assembly: Machined aluminum tube painted Instrument white outside, ultra flat back inside.
- Dimensions: The main tube is 82 mm in diameter. The complete telescope is about 14 3/4 inches long with dew shield extended and about 12 inches long when retracted. Dew shield is 3.5 inches in diameter.
- Weight: The optical tube assembly weighs 4.4 lbs. 5.6 pounds with dual rings and Vixen rail.
- Focuser: 2.5 inch dual speed Stellarvue rack and pinion focuser with 2 inch and 1.25 inch compression ring adapters. Precision rack and pinion focusers has better stability and a higher lifting capacity than 2 inch import Crayford focusers.
- Rings: Custom Stellarvue R70SET precision hinged rings. Each ring has three 1/4-20 holes top and bottom with one in the center and two spaced 1.5 inches apart.
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work - or a combination of the two.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 - 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX Mount Specifications
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Legs: 2 inch
- Power supply: Car battery adapter
- EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
- Total Weight (lbs): 46 lbs (21 kg)
- Tripod Height (Max): 64 inches (1626 mm)
- Tripod Height (Min): 44 inches(1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Counterweight Bar: 12 inches Length, 0.75 inches Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 1 x 11 lbs
- Payload Capacity: 30 lbs (14 kg)
- Latitude Range: 7-77 degrees
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- GPS?: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
This ZWO ASI178MM Cooled Astronomy Camera includes the back illuminated 6.4M resolution Sony IMX178 image sensor. This 1/1.8 inch CMOS sensor has a 3096 x 2080 pixel array and a 2.4 microns square pixel size. With a 14bit ADC, extremely low read noise of 2.2 e, and superior sensitivity combine to make the ZWO ASI178MM an excellent camera for both astronomy and microscopy, excelling in deep sky imaging.
This cooled version incorporates active TEC temperature control for the ability to cool the sensor to 35C to 40C degrees below ambient. This enhanced cooling control offers the best image stability for longer imaging sessions.
Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor Features
- The Sony IMX178 back illuminated CMOS image sensor offers high sensitivity, resolution and dynamic range.
- The IMX185 is an "Exmor R" sensor with notably improved imaging features, including sensitivity and low read noise, by correcting the basic structure of "Exmor" adopted column parallel A/D converter to back illuminated type.
- The IMX178 is a Sony STARVIS sensor and has a sensitivity of 2000mV+ per 1 micron square (when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, f/5.6 in 1 second accumulation correspondent), and provides superior image quality in the visible and near IR light regions.
- 14 bit output helps achieve high dynamic range which lessened quantization noise and hidden dark random noise. This facilitates clear image quality in light and dark areas, even with high contrast imaging targets.
- Everything required to control your ZWO Astronomy Camera is readily available at the ZWO website.
ZWO Color Filter Wheel
This economical manual filter wheel from ZWO is a good match for their ASI astronomy cameras. The wheel has five positions, and as you can see from the photographs, the current position is marked clearly on the wheel itself. Simply rotate the wheel into the position you prefer. We have included three 1.25 inch filters that match this filter wheel perfectly for size; HA, OIII and SII! The package comes with adapters for both the camera and the telescope side.
Celestron AC Adapter for the CGE Pro and CGEM Mounts
The Celestron 18780 AC Power Adapter was was designed specifically for the Celestron CGE Pro and CGEM Mounts. It has a higher aperage at 5 amps.