Open Box iOptron iEQ45E GE Mount with Tripod-UT-11606-SOLD
- This is an open box item in like new condition
Open Box iOptron iEQ45E GE Mount with Tripod-UT-11606-SOLD
UT-11606: The iOptron iEQ45E Pro Computerized German Equatorial Mount with Tripod is the perfect instrument for beginning astrophotographers as well as visual amateur astronomers who would like a lightweight yet sturdy mount for their small to medium-sized telescope. With a weight capacity of 45 pounds, the iEQ45 Pro can handle a wide variety of refractor or Cassegrain-style telescopes with weight to spare, and with an actual weight of only 25 lb, it will be easy to set up, break down, and transport to your favorite observing location.
iEQ45 Equals Sophisticated Electronics. The electronics included with the iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount are those normally found on much more pricy models, including built-in 32 channel GPS, permanent periodic error correction (PEC), and an ST-4 autoguiding port that is capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection. Several tracking rates are available on the iEQ45 Pro, including Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King (which compensates for the effect of refraction) & User. The User tracking rate can be set as required for your applications. The User Rate can be adjusted from 0.9900X to 1.0100X of sidereal speed.
GoTo Hand Controller with 580,000 Objects! Control your iEQ45 Pro with the iOptron GOTONOVA hand controller with its amazingly huge 580,000 object database. The controller has an 8-line, 21-character LCD screen, and is heated so that it behaves consistently, even in cold weather - a thoughtful idea that is not commonly included on most computerized hand controllers. With this very smart controller you can slew (move) the telescope with nine different speeds. Zip across the sky at up to 5.83 degrees per second to move from one object to another, or crawl along slowly to center the object in the field of view of your eyepiece or camera.
Includes the AccuAligning Polar Scope. Polar align your iEQ45 with help from the included AccuAlign dark field illumination polar scope. iOptron's AccuAligning Polar Scope, together with its Quick Polar Alignment process and application, provides an accurate and fast polar alignment for an equatorial mount. The dark field illuminated dial makes the polar alignment simple and easy and it can be done just in minutes.
iOptron iEQ45 Pro EQ Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Maximum Payload: 45 lb (20 kg)
- Mount Weight (not including counterweights): 25 lb (11.4 kg)
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 5 to 70 degrees
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: Plus or Minus 6 degrees
- RA Worm Period: 337 seconds
- Right Ascension Worm Wheel: 256 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- Declination Worm Wheel: 228 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- RA and DEC Worm: 17 mm diameter, brass
- RA Bearing: 80 mm diameter
- DEC Bearing: 68 mm diameter
- Right Ascension Axis Shaft: 50 mm diameter, steel
- Declination Axis Shaft: 40 mm diameter, steel
- Gear Meshing: Zero backlash
- Counterweight Shaft: 28 mm diameter, stainless steel
- Counterweight: Two 11 lb (5 kg) counterweights
- Mount Base Diameter: 150 mm diameter
- Dovetail Saddle: 6 Inch dual Vixen/Losmandy Style
- Level Indicator: Precision Bubble
- Polar Scope: AccuAlign G2 polar scope, dark field
- Tripod: 2 Inch stainless steel legs
- Drive Motor: 1:8 degree stepper motor
- Resolution: 0.09 arc seconds
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- Motor Control: Open loop
- PEC: Permanent PEC (PPEC)
- Hand Controller: GoToNova 8407+ with 580,000 objects
- Hand Controller Display: 8 line, 21 character LCD, heated
- Slew Speed: 9 speeds, 5.83 degrees per second max (1400X)
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King, User
- Meridian Treatment: Stop (0 to 15 degrees pass) and auto flip
- GPS: Built-in 32 channel
- Communication Port: RS232
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Power Interruption Recover: Yes
- Power Requirement: DC 12V (11 to 15V) 2A
- Power Consumption: 0.45A tracking, and 0.75A GoTo
- Computer Control: Yes (ASCOM)
- Operation Temperature: neg.-20 deg.C to 45 deg.C
- Mount includes all standard accessories
- All original packaging
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will this mount work with a celestial 8 se Thanks
Yes, the Celestron 8SE has a "V" style dovetail on the bottom and the saddle on the iEQ45 Pro mount will accept both D and V style dovetails. The 8SE optical tube is ~13 lbs, and the mount comes with enough counterweights to balance that weight.
Will this mount handle your TPO 12" f/4 Imaging Newtonian OTA? If so, does it need a Counterweight Shaft Extension Bar or extra 5kg Counterweight or both?
The tube weight for the 12" scope without rings or dovetail is 40.5 lbs. Once you add the accessories, the coma corrector and the finderscope, you are past the 45 lb carrying capacity for the iEQ45 Pro mount. The CEM60 would be a better choice for this
What's the difference between an iEQ45E & an iEQ45 Pro?
They are the same mount. iEQ45E is based on the part number IO-8000E. The old mount was the IO-8000D.
Does the payload of an equatorial mount (like the iOptron iEQ45) include the counterweights or is the payload for observing equipment only, not counting counterweights?
The payload noted is the visual capacity for payload on top of the mount, not including counterweights. For imaging, it is still a good idea to put less weight than this maximum value.
hi. how length is the tube .thanks
With the dew shield racked in and no extension tubes, the length is 42" (107 cm). With the dew shield out and a 2" extension tube, the length is 51" (130 cm)
Does this come with a cable for computer connection? Is there an option for AC power?
The 2 cables for computer connection are sold separately with this scope. You will need both a CE-93920 RS-232 serial cable and a CE-18775 USB-serial adapter to connect to either a Windows PC or Mac running appropriate scope control software. This tele
The single reviewer of this mount on your website here said that one drawback of the mount was that the North celestial pole was not marked on the mount. I don't understand what he meant by that, or why it's not marked on the mount, and/or how he was able
What the reviewer meant is that, unlike some competing mounts, the iEQ45 Pro mount does not have index marks to quickly get the mount into "polar home position." The user found it helpful to add his own index marks so that he could achieve polar alignmen
can i convert this mount to an Alt Azm mount ? if yes whats the proper parts i need?
This particular mount cannot be use in Alt-Az mode. The model you may be referring to is the iOptron IEQ45-AZ. Here is a link to it's product page on our website. http://www.optcorp.com/ioptron-ieq45e-equatorial-and-alt-az-mount-with-42-pier-8000eaz-42p.
Does the mount have ST4 input for auto guiding?
Yes, the iEQ45E does offer an ST-4 compatible auto-guiding port.