The iOptron CEM40EC mount with integrated + iPolar and 1.75-Inch LiteRoc Tripod is the next generation of Center-balanced Equatorial Mounts.
Weighing in at only 15.8-pounds, this mount can support a payload of up to 40-pounds.
This mount also has an Integrated Electronic Polar Finder Scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are Large Levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
Innovative Technology: Make way for an innovative mount! This iOptron CEM40EC mount uses iOptron's patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS). This saddle accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. The CEM40EC also uses iOptron's ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
Computerized Mount Features: The iOptron CEM40EC mount uses the Go2Nova 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount's 212,000+ object database!
With the included tripod, 10-pounds counterweight, and the mount's computerized technology, observers are just an OTA away from a spectacular viewing experience!
iOptron SKU: C404A3
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40 lbs (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 15.8 lbs (7.2 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolarTM electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error ( PE< 0.25 arc seconds RMS)
- Real-time periodic error correction with high-resolution encoder (RPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GOTO Technology with a built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- New, patent-pending iOptron universal saddle
- 1.75-inch LiteRoc tripod
- Hard case included
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer