Open Box Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 Essential Series Triplet Refractor
The Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO telescope made Wired Magazine's Wish List for cool gifts and is a perfect instrument for demanding wide field observing and astrophotography.
Rugged and portable, the Explore ED80 Triplet is a true three-element apochromatic telescope capable of producing research-level image quality. Dr. Mike Reynolds used this telescope to make the first ever images of shadow bands on clouds during the total eclipse of the sun over Easter Island on July 11, 2010.
Fine optical quality, deluxe 2-speed focuser, and 99% dielectric 2" diagonal make this telescope an extreme value!
- The Explore ED80 telescope comes with a white aluminum tube with black accents.
- Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets have true APO optic and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better.
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan is used on all ED APO Triplets at Explore, for superb quality and light throughput.
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter; and contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly.
- While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. Sending your ED80 Triplet off to the factory is always an option, but is not required.
- 80mm models come with heavy-duty 2" dual-speed focusers.
- The included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings.
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
Explore Scientific Product Number: ED0806-01