Open Box Celestron 11" CPC Deluxe HD Telescope
- This is an open box scope in new condition**
- Celestron's Top-performing Altazimuth Telescope System
- 11 Inch EdgeHD Optical Tube
- Used by Astrophysicist Stephen Hawking at his home
- Corrects both Coma and Field Curvature Aberrations
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- f/10, FaStar Compatible to f/2
Open Box Celestron 11" CPC Deluxe HD Telescope
11 Inch EdgeHD on GoTo Alt-Az MountThe CPC Deluxe 1100 HD is a supreme visual instrument or, with optional wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool!
Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an optical tube weight, with forks attached of 66 lb, the Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD is still portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location yet gives you a huge amount of aperture. The CPC Deluxe feature Celestron's remarkable Edge HD optics. The Edge HD design is a modified Schmidt-Cassegrain which creates an extremely flat field of view, ideal for astrophotography.
The CPC Deluxe Mount ...
The Celestron CPC Deluxe mount uses an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude. Once the internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3, thanks to Celestron's SkyAlign technology! Simply use the CPC Deluxe hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to any three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars and you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar(R) software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once your Celestron CPC telescope is aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
The Celestron CPC Deluxe database contains over 40,000 celestial objects, including the Messier objects, Caldwell Catalog, NGC Galaxies, nebulae, and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). The Identify feature tells you what you're looking at with your Celestron CPC Deluxe, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GoTo them.
Celestron Edge HD Optics...The EdgeHD is Celestron's latest innovation that will surely be the system of choice for the serious astroimagers. The new Edge High-Definition telescope series features an Aplanatic Schmidt optical system that produces pinpoint star images all the way to the edge of the field. Some optical systems currently on the market may produce coma-free images. But there is a difference.... the optical difference. Not only is the Celestron Edge coma-free, but it also has a built-in field flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field, producing true Astrograph quality images. This results in pinpoint, High-Definition star images throughout your astrophotographs.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrograph" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Celestron - CPC Deluxe 1100 Telescope Features
- The Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD telescope is an 11 Inch aberration-free, modified Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings on a fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology includes 40,000 object database, 400 user-definable objects, with expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple, and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects; and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics offer a quieter, smoother ride than ever before. Constant power is delivered to the drives as well allowing the telescope to perform even when not perfectly balanced.
- The Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark. It also features sturdy 2 Inch steel legs and an accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process, also aided by the Internal GPS. The included 9X50 optical Finderscope also aids in alignment.
- Flash upgradeable software to the hand control and motor control units, downloads product updates over the Internet (including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment).
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location with several sturdy handles. Large knobs help with easy setup and breakdown. The included star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- Permanent PEC and convenient remote hand control holder that allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- CPC Deluxe 1100 Computerized Mount/Dual Fork Arm
- Heavy-Duty, Adjustable Stainless Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray
- NexStar+ Hand Control with internal GPS
- 9x50 Optical Finder with quick-release bracket
- 2 Inch Star Diagonal with 1.25 Inch Adapter
- 2 Inch Eyepiece, 23mm, 122x Mag
- DC Power Cable/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- NexRemote Software on CD ROM - Only For Windows(PC)
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty
- ** Call and talk to Shawna about this scope **
OPT The packing and shipping were superb and it exceeded my expectations for an open box item. Everything was there and it was all like new as advertised. Always have been an enthusiast when it comes to space. I have bought 2 previous telescopes and was disappointed with the outcome of both. This is the retirement leap for me, an 11” scope. The hope is a scope that allows me to see everything and to be able to film it. The first time I set it up to view, I wasn’t successful in aligning the scope with the GPS. The GPS didn’t align, several more try’s that night and failure. The next time I set it up the GPS said the system was aligned but when I sent the scope to an object it wasn’t there (Date time weren’t set prior to the alignment). I maneuvered the scope to mars and my views were disappointing. I don’t think it’s the scope, more my lack of experience and expectations for the one lens I had (23mm). I will say I love the 2” eyepiece and the eye relief it affords. I did some reading and purchased a couple of Televue powermates and am trying to decide what eyepiece will complement the F10 aperture and the field of view to give me a better look at the planets (10mm - 12mm)? If I read correctly smaller will exceed the focal length and be of no benefit to me (so much to learn). I also have a 38mm on the way to look at the deep space objects and am hopeful. As for the astrophotography, I am reading and watching videos and see I have a lot of learning to do in many different areas (cameras, software, photoshop etc.). I guess retirement will be busy after all.