- Convert your manual Meade LX70 EQ mount into a motorized mount with the simple addition of this motor drive.
- Allows for continued manual movement with included friction clutches.
- 2, 4 and 8 times Sidereal speeds.
- Works in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.
- Requires 4 D cell batteries, includes LED battery life indicator.
Meade LX70 Dual Axis Motor Drive
Extend the versatility of your Meade LX70 mount. The LX70 is a manually operated and adjusted mount which makes for an superb lightweight platform for observational astronomy but to capture the night sky you need motion! The 670011 Dual Axis drive is a small but powerful addition to the LX70 mount. By motorizing each axis you gain the power to smoothly track objects across the night sky. Built in friction clutches allow you to make manual fine adjustments. A motorized EQ mount also makes a great companion for extended viewing sessions, no more constant fine adjustment to keep things centered.
The LX70 Dual Axis Drive is powered by 4 D cell batteries (not included). The included hand controller offers 2x, 4x, and 8x Sidereal speeds to allow you to keep up with any type of object, and a North/South switch on the controller means your LX70 will work anywhere!
- 2 motors
- Hand Controller
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.