Meade LX65 8" ACF f/10 Telescope
The 8” LX65 ACF Telescope delivers the highest level of optical performance, giving a flatter, and advanced coma-free field of view with pinpoint images and outstanding contrast. Its optics coupled with its versatile Single Arm Alt-Azimuth Mount delivers top-notch performance for both beginner and advanced astronomers!
This Telescopes Advanced Coma-Free (ACF™) optical system features a large aperture and an Ultra-High Transmission Coating (UHTC™), making it both ideal for high-resolution visual observing and more cultivated areas of astronomy such as deep-sky and planetary astrophotography.
It doesn’t stop there… this Telescope’s portable Alt-Azimuth Mount not only comes equipped with the AudioStar® Hand Controller, giving you GoTo and Tracking capabilities for over 30,000 celestial objects but also has the capability to use two OTA’s at once using its two vixen-style saddles!
- Advanced Coma-Free Optics
- Primary Mirror Lock- eliminates focus and mirror shift during long exposures
- Oversized Primary Mirror- the primary mirror is larger in diameters than its listed aperture listed aperture This additional 1/4-inch yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings- increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies, and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, stars, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- 2 Vixen-Style Saddles- capable of holding two OTA's at once
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.