Meade LX65 8" ACF f/10 Telescope
The 8” LX65 ACF Telescope delivers the highest level of optical performance, giving a flatter, and advanced coma-free field of view with pinpoint images and outstanding contrast. Its optics coupled with its versatile Single Arm Alt-Azimuth Mount delivers top-notch performance for both beginner and advanced astronomers!
This Telescopes Advanced Coma-Free (ACF™) optical system features a large aperture and an Ultra-High Transmission Coating (UHTC™), making it both ideal for high-resolution visual observing and more cultivated areas of astronomy such as deep-sky and planetary astrophotography.
It doesn’t stop there… this Telescope’s portable Alt-Azimuth Mount not only comes equipped with the AudioStar® Hand Controller, giving you GoTo and Tracking capabilities for over 30,000 celestial objects but also has the capability to use two OTA’s at once using its two vixen-style saddles!
- Advanced Coma-Free Optics
- Primary Mirror Lock- eliminates focus and mirror shift during long exposures
- Oversized Primary Mirror- the primary mirror is larger in diameters than its listed aperture listed aperture This additional 1/4-inch yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings- increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies, and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, stars, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- 2 Vixen-Style Saddles- capable of holding two OTA's at once
|Aperture||203 mm (8")|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||2032 mm|
|Instrument Capacity||55 lbs|
|Light Gathering Power||841x|
|Mount Head Weight||18.7lbs|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Power Consumption||12V 5A max|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Tripod Weight||8.5 lbs|
|Tube Weight||11.1 lbs|
So far GREAT Scope
So far GREAT Scope, I have only looked at the moon so far, but took awesome pics with it ! Purchased an Ex-cel Celstron eye piece (7mm) and the images were impressive ! Can't wait to start some planet viewing.
seguimiento del SOL
como hago seguimiento al SOL con un meade lx65 de 8, no esta en el menu de sistemas solar?
Money Well Spent.
On Feb 3rd I happened across an add for mead's LX65 8" telescope. The price was within my budget, so it took me about 90 seconds to decide and buy it. I live outside Pensacola, Fl. I received the telescope by UPS yesterday. (5 days) It's now assembled, and if it weren't for cloudy skies last night I would have tested it last night. Tonight it's mostly clear, so I went out to Observe from my driveway. Viewing conditions weren't the best, but I was able to get the telescope aligned, and was able to observe the crescent moon, and later moved to the Orion Nebula. I was thrilled, I now have to invest in several filters and an imager and a couple other eye pieces. I also have to scope out spots where I don't have street lights right over me. This was money very well spent, and so far I am thrilled with the Telescope. The only knock, and it's a very minor one, is that when I'm focusing the scope vibrates a moderate amount. I am pleased as punch with the telescope and thrilled with the customer service everyone gave me. I haven't had my own telescope in about 8 years, and this one was a great re-entry into observing.