- Designed for all LX200GPS and LX200GPS-SMT Telescopes
- Includes an Expanded 3.5 Megabyte Memory
- Database of more than 144,000 Celestial Objects
- Includes all of the features from the LX200 models
Meade AutoStar II Controller
The new AutoStar II control system provided with LX200GPS-SMT models includes all of the features that made previous LX200 models the largest-selling serious telescopes in the world.
In addition, AutoStar II includes an expanded 3.5 Megabyte memory, permitting a greatly enlarged database of more than 144,000 celestial objects, by far the largest collection of targets in the commercial telescope industry. The database is immediately accessible on the AutoStar II display.
Here is a partial listing of the AutoStar II database:
- New General Catalog (NGC) - 7840
- Index Catalog (IC) - 5386
- Messier Catalog (M) - 110
- Caldwell Catalog - 109
- Named Objects - 227
- Herschel Catalog - 400
- Abell Catalog of Galaxy Clusters - 2712
- Arp Catalog of Irregular Galaxies - 645
- Uppsala Galaxy Catalog - 12,940
- Morphological Catalog of Galaxies - 12,939
- General Catalog of Variable Stars - 28,484
- SAO and Hipparcos Star Catalogs - 31,090
|Accessory Type||Hand Controller|
|Database||144k Objects Plus|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
- Meade AutoStar II Replacement Controller
- Connection Cable
Great Customer service!
Daniel Amado is THE man in Sales at OPT. I ordered the wrong part, received it and complained. He calmly asked the proper questions on the problem ... soothed my fevered brow ... authorized a product return # and credit invoice ... suggested the proper part ... I ordered it ... and it worked perfectly. Daniel Amado went out of his way to make it right and is to be both commended AND recognized for his stellar service to OPT!
Excellent customer service, the parts were packaged well and shipped quickly. I’ll definitely buy from Opt again.
amazingly fast delivery
Replacing the controller
Thank you for your prompt response and delivery
Its a handbox controller for
Its a handbox controller for a Meade LX200 telescope. Plugged it in and it functioned as expected.
Easy to use, very satisfied