- Aperture: 8"
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length: 2000 mm
Meade 8" ACF LX90 Telescope
The Meade 8-Inch ACF LX90 Telescope’s technologically superior optical design gives a flatter, and advanced coma-free field of view with pinpoint images all the way to the edge of the field. ACF is the perfect solution for the serious Astroimager or visual astronomer looking for reasonably priced observatory-class optics.
The LX90's Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system creates a flatter field, reduces astigmatism and eliminates diffraction spikes, bringing the highest level of optical performance at an affordable price to both advanced and amateur astronomers. In addition to top-of-the-line optics, the LX-90 also comes equipped with the AudioStar Computer with Astronomer Inside, allowing you to not only find and track over 30,000 celestial objects, but to also experience a guided tour as you listen to audio content through its build-in speaker.
- GPS- Built-in Sony GPS sensor determines your prices date, time and location for precise alignment.
- 8X50 Viewfiner- quickly and easily locate and center deep sky objects.
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, starts, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings- increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Oversized Primary Mirror - primary mirror is larger in diameters than its listed aperture listed aperture This additional 1/4-inch yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- Smart Drive -Meade AudioStar provides Periodic Error Correction (in polar mode). Over the course of one or more training periods, your LX90 will minimize guiding corrections during long exposure astrophotography.
- Auto-Align- picks two alignment stars for you and places directly in your telescope’s viewfinder, which then allows you to center them and fine-tune your alignment.
- Rigid Cast Aluminum Fork Mount- the mounts two, sturdy fork arms give the LX90’s Optical Tube Assembly a solid platform for Astrophotography.
Advanced Coma-Free Optics (ACF)
Building from a classic RC design, Meade created a new design with coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field. The ACF design reduces astigmatism and eliminates dffraction spikes found in classical RCs. TheACF is the perfect plattfor for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in aperture of 6-inches, 8-inches,10-inches, 12-inches, 14-inches, and 16-inches
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Specialized Multi-layered coating that are preciesely designed to improve the performance of your telescopes optics. You'll see brighter star clusters, more fine details in nebulas, and more surface features on planets with UHTC than without. Averaged over the entire visible spectrum, total light transmission to the focus increases by 15%.
|Aperture||203 mm (8")|
|CD ROMs Included||AutoStar Suite|
|Diagonal Included||Yes/ 1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Hand Controller included||Yes|
|Mount Type||Alt Azimuth/ GoTo|
|Objects in Database||30000 Objects|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|OTA Mount Type||Dual Fork Arms|
|OTA Outer Diameter||9"|
|Telescope Series||Meade LX90|
|Tripod Type Included||Adjustable with Steel Legs|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
- Meade 8" LX90-ACF UHTC Telescope
- Variable Height Standard Field Tripod
- 8X50 Finderscope
- 1.25" Diagonal Prism
- Series 4000 Super Plossl 26mm Eyepiece (1.25")
- AutoStar Suite Software
- AudioStar Controller
- Instruction Manual
Problems with alignment
Can not get the scope to automatically find anything on its own after aligning it from the home position . have spoken to meade and they don't know why it won't find objects on its own. I live in a retirement community called lake havasu arizona . it's in the desert ,so sky's are unbelievably clear. I'm going to an astronomy club that meets today and ask them about the alignment procedure. Found out that their are 60 members of this club and most of them are retired rocket scientists, 3 worked on Apollo mission and the rest are mostly scientists from observatorys around the country.. Maybe they can assist me.
Excellent optics, very little image shift when focusing. Electronics work great - very accurate GOTO, reasonably good tracking (fine for visual; could be smoother for long exposure astrophotography. I use this scope a lot! It's the sweet spot for me: decent aperture but light weight enough to be easy to lift and setup. Complaints: recent scopes do not have sufficient space to swing the tube face-down to the mount. It will not fit in my LX200 JMI case. I don't why Meade changed this - I see no advantage to the change. #2: the Audiostar controller works great however Meade's current Autostar Update software is NOT compatible. It can't update the comet, asteroid, or satellite databases.