- Aperture: 203 mm (8")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length: 2034mm
- Mount: German Equatorial- GoTo
Meade 8" f/10 LX80 SCT w/ Advanced VX Mount
Refined and improved over the years, Meade's Premium Schmidt-Cassegrain (SC) optics give you the highest performance of any on the market. Meade uses water-white glass that delivers superior light transmission across the entire visible spectrum for our corrector plates, unlike inferior standard plate glass used by some other telescope manufacturers. Combined with our industry-leading Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) - with 15% better light transmission than standard coatings - and oversized, thermally-stable primary mirrors for optimum light collection, you get a spectacular viewing experience.
The Meade 8 inch LX80 optical tube assembly comes with a Vixen-style dovetail, an 8x50 viewfinder and bracket, a 1.25 inch visual back, a 1.25 inch star diagonal, and a 1.25 inch 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece. Mount this OTA on the mount of your choice for a portable yet high quality observing package.
- Clear Aperture: 8 inches
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Primary & Secondary Mirror: Low-expansion borosilicate glass
- Correcting Plate/Lens: Aspheric high-spectral transmission Borofloat glass from Shott AG Germany
- Focal Length: 2034 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Optical Coatings: Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Resolving Power: 0.570 arcseconds
- Secondary Obstruction: 13.65%
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Viewfinder: 8 x 50
- Dovetail: Vixen-style with orthogonality adjustments
- Diagonal: 1.25 inch star diagonal
- Eyepiece: 26mm Super Plossl - 1.25 inch
- Weight: 14.1 lb.
- Dimensions: 9 inches diameter x 17 inches in length
- 8" f/10 LX80 SCT
- Advanced VX Mount
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 8x50 Viewfinder
- 26mm Super Plossl- 1.25"
- Advanced VX Tripod
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can a 2" diagonal be used with this scope?
Yes. You will need either an SCT to 2" adapter like the OS-ASCT2 if you already own a 2" diagonal with a nosepiece, or you will need to get an SCT-threaded diagonal like the TPO OS-D2SCTDI.