- Control your Meade AutoStar or AudioStar-supplied telescope from your PC with the addition of the Meade #505 Interface Cable Set and AutoStar Suite Software, which can be downloaded free at meade.com.
- The #505 Cable Set includes three pieces - a 4-pin-to-4-pin cable, a 4-pin-to-6-pin cable, and a 6-pin to RS-232 Serial Adapter.
- If you want to use your PC's USB port instead, you can purchase the Meade USB Adapter separately.
Meade #505 Interface Cable Set
The Meade #505 Interface Cable Set connects your Meade 497 AutoStar or AudioStar hand controller to a PC serial port. Free AutoStar Suite Software is available at meade.com to complete the digital pairing.
Once the set up is complete, you will be able to do software updates and control your telescope from your computer. You can even clone one keypad to another in order to share user-created databases.
The Meade #505 Interface Cable Set comes with the following items:
- One 4-pin to 4-pin cable - 3 Feet Long
- One 4-pin to 6-pin cable - 6 Feet Long
- One 6-pin to RS-232 Serial Adapter
Please Note: If you have a USB port and either don't have an available RS-232 Serial port on your computer, you can use your USB port with the addition of a Meade USB Adapter, which is sold separately.
- 4-pin to 4-pin Cable - 3 feet
- 4-pin to 6-pin Cable - 6 feet
- 6-pin to RS-232 Adapter