- Aperture: 305mm (12")
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Focal Length: 1524mm
- Excellent visual telescope for beginners
Meade 12" Dobsonian LightBridge Telescope
It's not just a big telescope. It's a big telescope that goes anywhere. LightBridge truss-dobs from Meade will fit in just about any car, and set up and and take down quickly, so you can take one of these massive windows on the universe out to your favorite dark-sky location with ease...even if your favorite location is your own back yard. Light Bridge Dobs give you high quality Meade optics, premium components, and ultra portability...all for about the same price as a classic, tube-style Dobsonian.
Meade LightBridge 12" f/5 Truss-Tube Dobsonian Telescope Features
- Diffraction Limited Optics Meade optics consistently outperform telescopes of similar and larger aperture. Consumers know that "Meade Optics Inside" means that what they see through our telescopes will be views that are detailed, crisp and full of contrast.
- Meade Optical Coatings Aluminum Coatings with magnesium fluoride over coat provides bright images full of detail.
- 2" Crayford-Style Machined Aluminum Focuser With 1.25" Adapter: Smooth precise focusing is achieved with this classic design. A unique focus tension knob and focus lock design gives complete control over focus.
- Built-In Primary Mirror Cooling Fan: Bring the telescope into thermal equilibrium quickly and efficiently with the battery powered cooling fan. The fan is mounted to the rear of the "vented" primary mirror cell for fast cool down.
- Includes anti-reflection coatings on trusses and castings.
- Steel RA Roller Bearings Roller bearings make movements smooth and effortless.
- Advanced Four-Reticle Red Dot Viewfinder: Four reticles and varying brightness controls allow this deluxe finder to adjust to your observing needs.
- 26mm Wide Angle 2" Eyepiece Deluxe Model: This premium eyepiece has a 2" barrel, and boasts a whopping 70 degree Apparent Field of View.
- Meade 12" f/5 Diffraction-Limited Primary
- Built-in Cooling Fan
- Laminated Base with steel roller bearings in RA
- 2" Crayford-Style Focuser with 1.25" insert
- Series 4000 26mm QX Eyepiece - 2"
- Advanced 4-Reticle Red Dot Viewfinder
- Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition Software (PC only)
- Anti-reflection coatings on trusses and castings
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Is the Autostar Suite software used to move the telescope to locate coordinates automatically or is it manual location? I'm a new observer and I want to be able to find objects without having a hate doing so. Thanks!
The Meade Lightbridge Dobsonians are strictly manual telescopes.