- Aperture: 10"
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Focal Length: 2032 mm
- Speedy and efficient Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
Meade 10" LX850-ACF f/8 Modified SCT Catadioptric OTA Telescope
The science behind the Meade f/8 optical tube starts with their patented ACF optics. Improving upon the original Schmidt Cassegrain design, Meade's ACF optics deliver the ultimate in clarity, contrast and flat field of view. Natural coma and optical abberations are eliminated allowing for pin point round stars to the edge of the field. These qualities make Meade ACF optical tubes excellent imaging instruments. However, by pairing this revolution in optical design with their Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC), light transmission and detail are greatly increased allowing you visually discern fainter objects than ever before - an observer's dream! This OTA is built for speed too. Traditional Schmidt Cassegrains would typically have a field stop of f/10, at only f/8 your exposure times are exponentially decreased allowing you to get more imaging in each night.
- ACF (Advanced Coma Free) Optics for maximum sharpness and clarity.
- UHTC (Ultra High Transmission Coatings) for 20% more contrast and brightness when compared to Meade's original optical coatings.
- 7:1 precision focuser with zero-image shift.
- Losmandy style dovetail for fast and easy attachment to your choice of mount.
- Includes Vixen style, top mounted accessory dovetail to readily accept a wide variety of accessories including guide scopes and cameras.
Advanced Coma-Free Optics (ACF)
Building from a classic RC design, Meade created a new design with coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field. The ACF design reduces astigmatism and eliminates dffraction spikes found in classical RCs. TheACF is the perfect plattfor for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in aperture of 6-inches, 8-inches,10-inches, 12-inches, 14-inches, and 16-inches
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Specialized Multi-layered coating that are preciesely designed to improve the performance of your telescopes optics. You'll see brighter star clusters, more fine details in nebulas, and more surface features on planets with UHTC than without. Averaged over the entire visible spectrum, total light transmission to the focus increases by 15%.
|Aperture||254 mm (10")|
|Dawes Limit||0.46 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||2032 mm|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|