Losmandy GM8 Equatorial Mount - No Tripod
The GM8 Equatorial Mount; No Tripod by Losmandy:
If you're tired of messing around with equatorial mounts that just can't handle your observing and imaging requirements, the Losmandy GM-8 is definitely worth a look. This heavy-duty mount is machined of aluminum and stainless steel, and sports all stainless steel hardware.
The Losmandy GM8 will handle a load capacity of 30 pounds. Below you'll find specifications on the GM-8 mount itself. Losmandy GM-8 Specifications:
- R.A./DEC Axis: All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 2.1-inch diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2-inch diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.5-inch diameter needle bearings.
- 2.812-inch diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed stainless steel worm-heat treated and ground.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob design.
- 1.25-inch diameter aluminum shafts.
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 0 to 64-degrees, large knob for easy alignment.
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2-degree increments.
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5-degrees.
- 3.5-inch diameter laser engraved setting circles 6 minute R.A. / 2-degrees DEC. R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
- Porter slip ring design.
- 160-ounce/ in stepper motor, 1.0 arc second step.
- Spit Dovetail saddle-plate design. Accepts Losmandy "D" series dovetail plates. Dovetail plate drops in and locks allowing for interchanging of any tube assembly, reducing the need for DEC weights.
- Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob.
- 7-pound counterweight. Optional 11-pound and 21-pound extra counterweights available.
- Through the axis polar scope, works in Northern and Southern hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument weight capacity 30-pounds
- Equatorial head weight 21-pounds
- Dual-Axis Electronics: Diamond push button pattern.
- R.A. and DEC. reversing switches.
- Three guiding rates: 30-percent, 50-percent, and 2x sidereal rate.
- Three setting rates: 4x, 8x, 16x sidereal rates, and super fast 32x HST (high speed transfer).
- Quartz tracking rates: sidereal, solar, lunar, and king.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).
- Control panel dimmer.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- 12V DC to 500 ma power use.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Small hand control box for comfortable use.
- All heights are to top of tripod. Add 9-inch at 34-degrees to center of Declamation -R.A. junction. Add 6-inch from Dec.-R.A. junction to top of saddle.
OPT Product Number: LO-GM8S-LT
|Accessory Type||Mount and Tripod|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||30 lbs|