iOptron SmartEQ Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount
- SmartEQ Pro+ Telescope Mount
- Go2Nova 8408 Hand Controller
- 1.25-inch Tripod with Accessory Tray /Spreader
- 1 kg (2.2-pounds) Counterweight
- Hand Controller Cable
- AccuAlign bright field illuminated polar scope /installed
- One-Year Limited Warranty
iOptron SmartEQ Pro Computerized Equatorial MountThe iOptron SmartEQ Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount (Pro+) was born out of the popular iOptron Cube and iEQ mounts. This SmartEQ Pro Mount is the ultimate Grab-and-Go German equatorial GOTO mount that will fit into almost anyone's budget. It is ideal for visual observation and wide field astrophotography. The compact design and light weight make traveling with the mount easy.
The iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ is a fully computerized mount with a database of 150,000 objects. The Go2Nova Hand Controller is intuitive with a large LCD screen, with which you can easily set up your telescope and select where you want to navigate.
The SmartEQ Pro+ GoTo Mount is universally compatible with any telescope optical tubes using a Vixen-style dovetail connection, making it useful for beginners as well as hobbyists with multiple tubes. iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ #IO-3200 Mount Features...
- Specialized Grab N' Go mount ideal for visual observer and wide field astrophotographer
- Portable, compact, and sturdy German equatorial mount that is easy to travel with
- Payload: 11-pounds (5 kg) (excluding counterweight)
- Mount weight: 6.2-pounds (2.8 kg)
- Metal wheels and worm shafts
- Dual-axis servomotor with optical encoder
- Drive motor with 9-speed setting for precise tracking
- Resolution: 0.5 arc second
- Go2Nova 8408 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GoTo Technology
- Over 150,000 celestial objects for easy surfing
- Low power consumption (8 AA batteries for 16 hours consecutive tracking)
- Retractable counterweight shaft
- ST-4 compatible Guiding Port
- AccuAlign bright field illuminated polar scope
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer controller
- Vixen-type dovetail saddle 3/8-inch threads mounting base
- Standard 1.25-inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (5.9-pounds)
OPT Product Number: IO-3200
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the biggest telescope you suggest for this mount?
The total weight needs to be less than 4kg (9lbs) including all rings, plates, accessories and eyepieces, to truly be stable, so that would restrict you to 90mm or smaller short refractors and 4-5" Mak-Cassegrains.
What is the latitude range of this mount? thanks
Great Question! The latitude adjustment range is 0º ~ 62º
Is the box and caps included.
The Meade 9mm XWA eyepiece does come with the box and both caps.
I have an iptron skytracker pro with counterweight accessory. It will not sufficiently hold my 7-lb camera/lens system without slipping (especially when pointed straight up - i.e., solar at noon). Can I mount the camera on this Smart EQ pro, and with what
Unfortunately, while the Smart EQ mount will hold a 7 lbs scope/camera combo, it will likely not be especially stable if it is windy due to the small size of the bearings in this mount. The mount operates off of it's own hand controller, but it does have
What is the weight of the tripod ?
The tripod for the Smart EQ Pros weight is 5.3lbs.
Is the tripod included?
Yes, the Ioptron Smart EQ Pro does come with the tripod.
Can this mount be powered with an external power supply (a battery)? If so, what are the requirements on the input current (voltage, etc) and what is the size/polarity of the plug from the battery?
Hey Adam. Yes the mount can be powered externally with either an optional 1.25A AC/DC adapter, however not necessary. 8 AA batteries provide 16 hours of continuous tracking. The motors draws 0.1A while tracking and 0.3A while slewing. If you have any addi
Does this have PEC?
Unfortunately, there is no mention of a PEC feature in the manual for the SmartEQ mount, so it does not appear to be an option.