iOptron SmartEQ Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount
iOptron SmartEQ Pro Computerized Equatorial MountThe iOptron SmartEQ Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount (Pro+) was born out of the popular iOptron Cube and iEQ mounts. This SmartEQ Pro Mount is the ultimate Grab-and-Go German equatorial GOTO mount that will fit into almost anyone's budget. It is ideal for visual observation and wide field astrophotography. The compact design and light weight make traveling with the mount easy.
The iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ is a fully computerized mount with a database of 150,000 objects. The Go2Nova Hand Controller is intuitive with a large LCD screen, with which you can easily set up your telescope and select where you want to navigate.
The SmartEQ Pro+ GoTo Mount is universally compatible with any telescope optical tubes using a Vixen-style dovetail connection, making it useful for beginners as well as hobbyists with multiple tubes. iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ #IO-3200 Mount Features...
- Specialized Grab N' Go mount ideal for visual observer and wide field astrophotographer
- Portable, compact, and sturdy German equatorial mount that is easy to travel with
- Payload: 11-pounds (5 kg) (excluding counterweight)
- Mount weight: 6.2-pounds (2.8 kg)
- Metal wheels and worm shafts
- Dual-axis servomotor with optical encoder
- Drive motor with 9-speed setting for precise tracking
- Resolution: 0.5 arc second
- Go2Nova 8408 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GoTo Technology
- Over 150,000 celestial objects for easy surfing
- Low power consumption (8 AA batteries for 16 hours consecutive tracking)
- Retractable counterweight shaft
- ST-4 compatible Guiding Port
- AccuAlign bright field illuminated polar scope
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer controller
- Vixen-type dovetail saddle 3/8-inch threads mounting base
- Standard 1.25-inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (5.9-pounds)
OPT Product Number: IO-3200
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||11 lbs|
|Mount Design||German Equatorial|
iOptron SmartEQ Pro
I've bought this mount for portable (air) travel purpose, and so far it more than meets my expectations. I am a bit puzzled by recommendation to align the polar finder for it to be perfectly orthogonal inside the axis (since most senior mounts have that procedure factory preinstalled), but apart from that everything seems to be OK for such a small ang lighweight computerized GoTo mount. It seems to me, competitors of this mount will not emerge anytime soon!