iOptron iEQ45-AZ Dual Equatorial/Alt-Azimuth GoTo Mount
iOptron iEQ45-AZ Dual Equatorial/Alt-Azimuth GoTo MountThe iOptron iEQ45-AZ Pro Dual Equatorial/Alt-Azimuth GoTo Mount is the perfect instrument for beginning astrophotographers as well as visual amateur astronomers who would like a lightweight yet sturdy mount for their small to medium-sized telescope. With a weight capacity of 45 pounds, the iEQ45 Pro can handle a wide variety of refractor or Cassegrain-style telescopes with weight to spare, and with an actual weight of only 25 lb, it will be easy to set up, break down, and transport to your favorite observing location.
This version of the iEQ45 includes the components needed to easily convert the iEQ45 from an equatorial to an alt-azimuth mount. The #8050 AZ Base connects to a tripod or pier, so you could run your scope in alt-azimuth mode one night and in equatorial the next, depending on whether you were imaging or doing some quick (or not so quick) visual work. You will also receive a secondary saddle and shaft, #8055, which allows you to ride two telescopes side by side in Alt-AZ mode.
The electronics included with the iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount are those normally found on much more pricy models, including built-in 32 channel GPS, permanent periodic error correction (PEC), and an ST-4 autoguiding port that is capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection. Several tracking rates are available on the iEQ45 Pro, including Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King (which compensates for the effect of refraction) & User. The User tracking rate can be set as required for your applications. The User Rate can be adjusted from 0.9900X to 1.0100X of sidereal speed.
Control your iEQ45 Pro with the iOptron GOTONOVA hand controller with its amazingly huge 580,000 object database. The controller has an 8-line, 21 character LCD screen, and is heated so that it behaves consistently, even in cold weather - a thoughtful idea that is not commonly included on most computerized hand controllers. With this very smart controller you can slew (move) the telescope with nine different speeds. Zip across the sky at up to 5.83 degrees per second to move from one object to another, or crawl along slowly to center the object in the field of view of your eyepiece or camera.
Polar align your iEQ45 with help from the included AccuAlign dark field illumination polar scope. iOptron's AccuAligning Polar Scope, together with its Quick Polar Alignment process and application, provides an accurate and fast polar alignment for an equatorial mount. The dark field illuminated dial makes the polar alignment simple and easy and it can be done just in minutes.
iOptron iEQ45 Pro EQ Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Maximum Payload: 45 lb (20 kg)
- Mount Weight (not including counterweights): 25 lb (11.4 kg)
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 5 to 70 degrees
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: Plus or Minus 6 degrees
- RA Worm Period: 337 seconds
- Right Ascension Worm Wheel: 256 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- Declination Worm Wheel: 228 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- RA and DEC Worm: 17mm diameter, brass
- RA Bearing: 80 mm diameter
- DEC Bearing: 68 mm diameter
- Right Ascension Axis Shaft: 50 mm diameter, steel
- Declination Axis Shaft: 40 mm diameter, steel
- Gear Meshing: Zero backlash
- Counterweight Shaft: 28 mm diameter, stainless steel
- Counterweight: Two 11 lb (5 kg) counterweights
- Mount Base Diameter: 150 mm diameter
- Dovetail Saddle: 6 Inch dual Vixen/Losmandy Style
- Level Indicator: Precision Bubble
- Polar Scope: AccuAlign G2 polar scope, dark field
- Drive Motor: 1:8 degree stepper motor
- Resolution: 0.09 arc seconds
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- Motor Control: Open loop
- PEC: Permanent PEC (PPEC)
- Hand Controller: GoToNova 8407+ with 580,000 objects
- Hand Controller Display: 8 line, 21 character LCD, heated
- Slew Speed: 9 speeds, 5.83 degrees per second max (1400X)
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King, User
- Meridian Treatment: Stop (0-15 degrees pass) and auto flip
- GPS: Built-in 32 channel
- Communication Port: RS232
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Power Interruption Recover: Yes
- Power Requirement: DC 12V (11 - 15V) 2A
- Power Consumption: 0.45A tracking, and 0.75A GoTo
- Computer Control: Yes (ASCOM)
- Operation Temperature: negative-20 deg.C to 45 deg.C
OPT Product Number: IO-8000E-AZ
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.