iOptron iEQ45E German Equatorial Mount with Tripod - DISCONTINUED
The iOptron iEQ45E Pro Computerized German Equatorial Mount with Tripod is the perfect instrument for beginning astrophotographers as well as visual amateur astronomers who would like a lightweight yet sturdy mount for their small to medium-sized telescope. With a weight capacity of 45 pounds, the iEQ45 Pro can handle a wide variety of refractor or Cassegrain-style telescopes with weight to spare, and with an actual weight of only 25 lb, it will be easy to set up, break down, and transport to your favorite observing location.
iEQ45 Equals Sophisticated Electronics. The electronics included with the iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount are those normally found on much more pricy models, including built-in 32 channel GPS, permanent periodic error correction (PEC), and an ST-4 autoguiding port that is capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection. Several tracking rates are available on the iEQ45 Pro, including Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King (which compensates for the effect of refraction) & User. The User tracking rate can be set as required for your applications. The User Rate can be adjusted from 0.9900X to 1.0100X of sidereal speed.
GoTo Hand Controller with 580,000 Objects! Control your iEQ45 Pro with the iOptron GOTONOVA hand controller with its amazingly huge 580,000 object database. The controller has an 8-line, 21-character LCD screen, and is heated so that it behaves consistently, even in cold weather - a thoughtful idea that is not commonly included on most computerized hand controllers. With this very smart controller you can slew (move) the telescope with nine different speeds. Zip across the sky at up to 5.83 degrees per second to move from one object to another, or crawl along slowly to center the object in the field of view of your eyepiece or camera.
Includes the AccuAligning Polar Scope. Polar align your iEQ45 with help from the included AccuAlign dark field illumination polar scope. iOptron's AccuAligning Polar Scope, together with its Quick Polar Alignment process and application, provides an accurate and fast polar alignment for an equatorial mount. The dark field illuminated dial makes the polar alignment simple and easy and it can be done just in minutes.
iOptron iEQ45 Pro EQ Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Maximum Payload: 45 lb (20 kg)
- Mount Weight (not including counterweights): 25 lb (11.4 kg)
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 5 to 70 degrees
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: Plus or Minus 6 degrees
- RA Worm Period: 337 seconds
- Right Ascension Worm Wheel: 256 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- Declination Worm Wheel: 228 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- RA and DEC Worm: 17 mm diameter, brass
- RA Bearing: 80 mm diameter
- DEC Bearing: 68 mm diameter
- Right Ascension Axis Shaft: 50 mm diameter, steel
- Declination Axis Shaft: 40 mm diameter, steel
- Gear Meshing: Zero backlash
- Counterweight Shaft: 28 mm diameter, stainless steel
- Counterweight: Two 11 lb (5 kg) counterweights
- Mount Base Diameter: 150 mm diameter
- Dovetail Saddle: 6 Inch dual Vixen/Losmandy Style
- Level Indicator: Precision Bubble
- Polar Scope: AccuAlign G2 polar scope, dark field
- Tripod: 2 Inch stainless steel legs
- Drive Motor: 1:8 degree stepper motor
- Resolution: 0.09 arc seconds
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- Motor Control: Open loop
- PEC: Permanent PEC (PPEC)
- Hand Controller: GoToNova 8407+ with 580,000 objects
- Hand Controller Display: 8 line, 21 character LCD, heated
- Slew Speed: 9 speeds, 5.83 degrees per second max (1400X)
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King, User
- Meridian Treatment: Stop (0 to 15 degrees pass) and auto flip
- GPS: Built-in 32 channel
- Communication Port: RS232
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Power Interruption Recover: Yes
- Power Requirement: DC 12V (11 to 15V) 2A
- Power Consumption: 0.45A tracking, and 0.75A GoTo
- Computer Control: Yes (ASCOM)
- Operation Temperature: neg.-20 deg.C to 45 deg.C
OPT Product Number: IO-8000E
|Hand Controller included||iOptron GoTo Nova|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||45 lbs|
|Mount Electronics||Computerized/ GoTo|
|Objects in Database||580000|
|Power Supply included||AC Wall Adapter|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Lunar & Sidereal & Solar|
|Tripod or Pier included||Yes|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
|Weight Capacity||45 lbs.|
|Weight of Tripod/Monopod||25 lbs.|
Having problems have contacted tech
Having problems have contacted tech atOPT and will try it tommorow weather permitting.tracks well but not so good with alighment go to good in east not in west scope is polar aligned andtwo star alignment,sounded like belt was slipping but that was only once.carrying a c9.25.great service though.
When I put my 23 pound refractor on the mount for the first time, one knuckle that connects the top of the tripod leg to the tripod head broke off. Luckily, I was right their to catch it before my $6000 setup crashed to my driveway. Looking at the broken knuckle showed the worst casting job I've ever seen. Very pouris, tiny air pockets everywhere in the broken section. No better than pot metal. I could also see the top edge of the tripod leg, not much thicker than a pop can. Anyone thinking about an EQ45 Pro, don't buy the tripod version.
High quality mount.
I've had this mount on the sky twice and recorded excellent 5-minute exposures using closed loop (ASCOM and PHD2) guiding. Operation is smooth and quiet. My telescope and guide scope weigh 32 pounds, which the iEQ45 Pro handles easily. Above about half maximum payload a counter weight extension is needed. The polar alignment works extremely well. The combination ***** and Losmandy attachment is very secure and easy to use. It took an evening to update the firmware in large part due to the English made in China in the documentation that takes some work to decipher. North celestial pole is not marked on the mount therefore needs to be determined. I used iterative setting of the pole position and one star align to arrive at the NCP location to mark on the mount. With this done and with the easy to use polar scope, accurate setup even for astrophotography should go quite quickly.