The Innovative ideas applied to a time tested design make the iOptron GEM45 next-generation German equatorial mounts exactly what you need.
This sharp looking CNC body tells you the GEM45 is a top-quality mount in both form and function. While utilizing their experiences gained during the development of this CEM series, iOptron designers were able to remove unnecessary bulk giving the GEM45 an incredible 2.8 payload to mount weight ratio. This compact 15.8-pound mount can precisely GOTO an object and track with up to 45-pounds of gear onboard. With its integrated electronic polar scope (iPolar), polar alignment is a snap, even when the pole star is obscured. Large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system make it easy to snap its drive gears into place even when wearing gloves. There is little chance of your cables getting snagged with the GEM45's internal advanced cable management system. A new, patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS) accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. The GEM45 mounts utilize reliable stepper motor drive systems with iOptron's low power consumption technology.
A 212,000+ object library with star identification, GPS, Wi-Fi (requires optional iStarFi adapter) are a few of the desirable features standard on a GEM45 mount.
iPolar is included.
- German equatorial mount with innovative features
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 45-pounds (20 kg) with the mount weight of only 15.8-pounds (7.2 kg)
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolar electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error (< ± 7 arc seconds)
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
Go2Nova 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA, GOTO Technology and built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- New, patent-pending iOptron universal saddle
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
Tripod and counterweight are not included.
Their optional new LiteRoc 1.75-inch tripod delivers rock solid stability in a lighter, more compact package.